Lend Your Support to Get Renegade Kid's MUDDS on DSiWare

Posted by James Newton

Only you can make it happen

Renegade Kid's Maximilian and the Rise of the Mutant Mudds (known as MUDDS) was a DS project that failed to find favour with a publisher, but in this age of digital distribution that doesn't mean the project has to fall by the wayside.

Jools Watsham of Renegade Kid has opened up the possibility of bringing Maximilian to DSiWare if the game's official blog receives 1,000 comments, with the current total standing at around 300.

If you want to lend your support to the campaign, Jools Watsham's blog has all the details you need. No idea what MUDDS is? The video below reveals all.

[via joolswatsham.blogspot.com]

Mr_Nose

Mr_Nose said:

For a second there, I thought this was about bringing M.U.D.s to the DS.

I was about to explode with happiness. Please, somebody out there make it happen... Er, real M.U.D.s, that is, not this piece of tripe.*

*Just kiddin', looks kinda fun.

Kirk

Kirk said:

It looks kinda cool but I'd really have to play it before I decide if it's worth releasing or not.

Which kinda defeats the purpose...

lol

Denkou

Denkou said:

hm. Water gun and water jetpack a la mario sunshine. We totally need this on dsiware.

childofacid

childofacid said:

Really stop bickering if the game is good or not. Support independent game developers! This industry needs them!

AG_Awesome

AG_Awesome said:

Did Renegade kid make MOON and the Dementium games?

Either way this game looks awesome and I would gladly purchase it as long as it is more than just a water gun gimmick. In other words we need good levels, bosses, challenges, etc. But just based on the premise alone I am sold enough to add my name to the list!

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I figure it looks better than the majority of DSiWare offerings, so why the heck not? I wouldn't actually DOWNLOAD it without a good review as usual, but I see no reason to not give it a fair chance at release.

Burn

Burn said:

That looks like a lot of fun, I always enjoy games that have a lot of character to them.

metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight said:

Just commented.

Everybody should, even if you won't buy it. C'mon, do it. If only so I can get it and so DSiWare is expanded even if just a little.

sykotek

sykotek said:

I filled out a comment on his site, but I didn't want to leave my real name along with my e-mail address available to others, and when I tried to log in through alternate means, my message got deleted. I have bought multiple copies of all three of their current titles that were out for myself and as gifts for others. I do buy games based on the fact they are associated with Renegade Kid because I associate them with quality work and I would definitely purchase MUDD day one if it were released on DSi just as I would purchase ATV Wild Ride in stores. I'll try again to leave a comment there later.

Pastry

Pastry said:

Will he still make the game if all of the comments tell him not to do it?

It doesn't look like any of the enemies fight back. Where's the challenge?

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

I thought the same thing. I was getting all psyched up to play crappy old text-RPGs again just like when I first got the internet...

That said, this game looks kinda slick. If it released as a 500 point DSiWare game, I'd prob buy it (if anything else, due to the fact that it's really the only game in its genre)

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Meh. I'd much rather have it come to 3DS. I wanna support developers like Renegade Kid, even though I hated all their games (the touch screen for free look is an awful, awful idea. All FPS's on DS should've learned from Doom era shooters - or Metroid Prime's lock on -, but apparently hand cramps and spazzy stylus scribbling is cooler?). I just know I'd never play this as is on DSiware. Sorry guys.

accc

accc said:

It seems like the hype for this is dying down, as there's only been a handful of new signatures today. Guess we'll never get a chance to play Maximillian :(

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

The concept seems cool, almost reminds me of Super Mario Sunshine and a bit of Banjo Kazooie.

Cats

Cats said:

Post # 28 is dead on. It could be a lot of fun if it doesn't use the stylus, it's not worth carpal tunnel. If there is a more traditional control option, I'd buy it. (does anyone know for sure what the controls will be like?)

SafariSuz

SafariSuz said:

|sf>I'd like to leave comments on the page, but I'm not sure how you use your pre-existing account to log in. The top of the blog mentions AIM as an option. I don't want to apply for a Google account, since I already have an AIM account. I also have a Lifestream connection to my AIM account and I noticed some people were logged in through openID. Could anyone please walk me through the way to use my AIM account to log in for comments, without having to apply for a new Google account?