Get Your Hands On a Ghost Trick DS Demo Right Now

Posted by James Newton

Update: Now live in Europe

Not content with offering a free Flash demo of upcoming supernatural puzzler Ghost Trick, Capcom is now giving DS owners in North America a chance to try out the title with a downloadable demo.

To get your stylus on the new demo, fire up your Wii and head over to the Nintendo Channel, and be sure to let us know what you make of it.

Today, Capcom is excited to let you know that a new demo for Ghost TrickTM Phantom Detective for Nintendo DS is now available in North America for download on the Nintendo DS Channel. This new demo takes place in Lynne’s apartment and it is up to you to save here with the help of her canine pal. And the holiday backdrop is the perfect setting to provide a little seasonal cheer.

In Ghost TrickTM Phantom Detective, players are transported into the spirit world of Sissel, a murder victim who has lost his memory and returned as a ghost to solve the mystery of his suspicious demise. As Sissel’s ghost it’s up to players to possess and manipulate items found in the real world to solve the captivating puzzles he encounters.

Ghost TrickTM Phantom Detective is coming to North America on January 11, 2011.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Yeah I noticed on Monday. For some reason, I check the DS downloads, and this time I noticed ghost trick, and I love it because it's a demo edition, so you won't find this part on the retail one

LunarJade

LunarJade said:

The DS demo was pretty fun.
I'm glad it was different then the online flash demo. It also gave me a chance to show it to my fiance. (He thinks demos should be done on the system the game is meant for... not online in flash.)

Natie31

Natie31 said:

I like the game its fun. Still didn't find her present and broke her headphone, think i have to try again!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Good till the 21st, I better go check it out soon.

EDIT: That demo was a lot of fun! Got me psyched for the main game, now!:D

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

I wasn't really following this game until I tried the demo. I liked it very much! It had a kind of Ace Attorney vibe to it for some reason. So I was like Ok, when does this come out? Right before Christmas? Then I saw.....2011!? this makes me sad.....

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

Finally tried out the demo last night, and I have to say I liked it better than the flask demo. less dialogue = better demo :)

I am now interested in this game, but probably won't get it until it hits the bargain-bins.

Yasume

Yasume said:

It's also available for Europeans now. Just finished it and now I can't wait for the full game.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I've been itching to sample this game as I've been on the fence for a while, but after playing the demo, I see where the game is going and am fully on board for the full game as soon as I scratch up some cash.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Because a pair of broken headphones that she uses all the time is nothing compared to opening a present on Christmas Eve. That she would have gotten the next day anyway.