Frobot Funks Up WiiWare on December 20th

Posted by James Newton

1000 Points of smooth funk

Who's the shiny metal dude who makes all the ladies scream? Frobot! You're damn right. He's also coming to WiiWare on December 20th after a long period of polishing, priced at 1,000 Nintendo Points.

We played it back in April and since then Fugazo has been hard at work making important tweaks and changes that should hopefully make Frobot worth the wait.

Check out the new trailer below and ready your Nintendo Points for December 20th.

Frobot’s Comin’ to WiiWare December 20th!

SEATTLE, Wash. - December 7, 2010 - On December 20th Frobot is beaming out of another dimension straight into your living room on Nintendo’s WiiWareTMservice! You can either get the full Frobot experience for 1000 points or just try a taste of that sweet action with the free demo comin’ out the same day. Livin’ it up in Europe? Frobot's got yer back there when he invades the European Wii Shop Channel in 2011. So if you got friends, call em, and if you don't, make some, cause it's gonna be a party!

Frobot has been rated “Everyone 10+” with Mild Fantasy Violence and Mild Suggestive Themes by the ESRB.

Game Overview

• Frobot is programmed to make love, not war, but when his five foxy girlfriends get botnapped he doesn't skip a beat takin the fight to the streets. Blast your way up from the Funkytown Slums to the BotBlocker HQ and get back what's yours!
  • Burn Baby Burn - Earn powerful special weapons including the Robo Hustle dash and the Jivestalker disco ball to help take on the Man!
  • The Big Payback - Journey through a story mode filled with action, adventure, and fro-frazzling physics puzzles to rescue your girlfriends!
  • Superfreak - Find hidden power picks and upgrade your style!
    It's a fight to the last Fro in Frobot's multiplaya arena! Face off with up to three of your friends on one TV to see who will earn the spotlight.
  • It's Raining Guns - Access an expanded arsenal of funky weapons including the Bass Bomb grenade and the Heartstopper shield!
  • Do the Hustle - Unlock multiplaya maps by beating single playa levels in record time!

Omega

Omega said:

This took a long time to be ready. And still no release date for europe.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

No European release date make-a me berry berry sad. Japanese even I would settle for!

SMW

SMW said:

Finally! I've been wanting to get this game for quite a while. I've played the PC demo countless times.

thaantman

thaantman said:

bounces lasers off the walls, you gotta admit that cats got balls... of energy. I shoot 'em outta my chest ladies. LMBO. I hope this game turns out as awesome as this song.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

This game is insanely fun. It's one of those games you just can't put down. And some puzzles are downright insane. :)

MERG

MERG said:

"All systems go you better fear the fro"

I know what I'll be doing on my Christmas holiday!

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

This is the worst case of robotic blaxsploitation I've ever come across... well, actually it's the only case.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Greatest game trailer... ever?! I'm not sure if I want the game, but dang that video reeks of funk. I will try the demo out and give it a chance just because that trailer was that good.

longtimegamer

longtimegamer said:

Bout time! The video's been on the Nintendo channel for a loooooong time already. I'm glad they're getting a demo out too. :)

Objection

Objection said:

I hope they didn't "funk up" in development and drop the ball. (Comment made for bad pun.) :P

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

Not the best take on the "Shaft" theme song I've heard. Then again this is the only one I've heard.

fixjuxa

fixjuxa said:

I'm surprised to see Corbie say this is insanely fun because the gameplay footage looks terribly boring. I guess I'll have to try the demo.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

i'll give it a try if they demo-release it...not sold for 10 bucks at the moment though.

Theme song or w/e that was was...well...didn't make a very strong impression. At all.

moosa

moosa said:

Hahaha its so funny how some people here can't appreciate how awesome that just was...

Link79

Link79 said:

I smell a 7/10 from Nintendolife. No way this will get anything above a 7. The whole concept of a robot with an afro is just wack. This game will be very funked up indeed. I'm just not feeling it.

estoiagamer

estoiagamer said:

WOW i predicted on 19th december.
Son of a mother duck,why can't you realese it a day earlier

Link79

Link79 said:

Hmm lemmie see here...(checks wallet) Dang! fresh out.

If it's supposedly so good I guess I'll withdraw my prevoius statement.
Now I'll wait for the final verdict. I'm still kinda freaked out by this one.