Fireplacing Gets WiiWare Hot, Hot, Hot from Tomorrow

Posted by James Newton

Burn notice

My Aquarium regularly floats around the top of the WiiWare download charts, but if you'd rather turn your TV into something a little warmer then your luck is about to come in.

Fireplacing – which we suspect isn't a real word – sets WiiWare alight tomorrow for 500 Points. It is, as you may expect, a virtual fireplace without the hassles of stoking it, cleaning out the grate or receiving any warmth from it. You can choose to light it yourself or place it on automatic mode to let the Wii's mighty processor take on the task, leaving you to sit back and watch the fire burn. There's even a range of fireplaces available for all moods: Christmas, Valentine's Day and more will suit every occasion.

Prepare for the thrill of a lifetime.

[via nintendo.com]

Link79

Link79 said:

I'd rather light my Wii on fire than to buy this pile of trash. Well maybe not but it would produce more heat.

ElectricSplash

ElectricSplash said:

Can't wait for it to be released here. When i saw it, i was really suprised.

Seriously, i'm not joking.

edhe

edhe said:

Are they taking the whizz?

It could be a fun game yet, though. As long as it allowed you to shovel all the crapware companies like these dump onto WiiWare onto the virtual fire and bask in its toxic blue flames.

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

Excuse me:

nmhj bun bmhjbghbhbbnbnbnvbn h

That was the sound of me banging my head against the keyboard.

Omega

Omega said:

This is as boring as watching paint dry. Probably the new hit in the charts.

Mr_Nose

Mr_Nose said:

This, a bottle of bubbly, and some Tom Jones records...
Your trip to heaven has just been booked.

TIP: Throw on a smoking jacket, and stick a pipe in your mouth, for added sensuality!

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Automatic mode: Press 1x A-Button.
Manual mode: Press 3x A-Button.

Pod

Pod said:

I thought they were taking the easy way out and just charging you for downloading a video of a real fireplace.
Actually, I wish that was still in there, because this sim doesn't look entirely convincing, but it does look like fun to use a virtual fire poker and stirring up some embers. :)

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

I already smell the burning logs. Or maybe that's just the sarcasm wafting from that article. ;)
This doesn't actually look too bad for what it does. Then again, if the preview and comments about it are this funny, I can't wait 'til it gets roasted in the reviews. :D

Viper6391

Viper6391 said:

Why does this game exist? Who's seriously going to buy this for 500 wiiware points? The game's the equivalent of watching paint dry, SO MUCH FUN! When, I buy a game from Wiiware I expect to be entertained and actually involved in the game, not just watching a stupid virtual flame for an hour. If this gets a good review, I'm going to be pissed. The idea alone for this game alone is stupid and not to mention you can have the game itself set the fire for you.

Lady_Gryphon

Lady_Gryphon said:

Considering that there are fireplace DVDs on amazon from around $10 to $15 I think 500 points would be considered a deal :)

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Might come in handy for Xmas... it's actually cold where I am. 500 isn't too much of a setback either... since I don't exactly have a fireplace :P

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

i'm not gonna bash it. 5 dollars might be pushing it but if it's realistic then having a screensaver on your big tv like that can be good for ambience.

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

There's also a channel with a fireplace on it during Christmas Eve and day, and it even plays Christmas music. Oh yeah, and it is free.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

If they come up for a Virtual Window where I can look outside to see the rolling hills and cute bunny rabbits running along a babbling brook, I'm buying it. :)

RocketBird

RocketBird said:

Instant buy for me. There has been more than one time I've wanted something like this on my wii, now I will.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I'll wait for the review before purchasing. Oh, hang-on, it's out in the States first?

Whatever.

Gameday

Gameday said:

ha i think ill pass. i mean i get the fire place setting theme whatever haha and as for real heat ill just keep my 360 on as it heats up my whole room im set lol

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

This reminds me of a Christmas episode of "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" where a yule log videotape was used on Christmas Eve.

I'd never buy it myself, but my family has never used our fireplace in the nearly 17 years since we had our house built, and we do have the TV to which my Wii is connected sitting right in front of our fireplace, so I'll seriously ask my parents if they want to waste, I mean, spend 5 bucks on it. (I buy 1000 Points, and they give me $5.)

TheNewestBooM

TheNewestBooM said:

hyper realistic? that looked like garbage.tell those devs to flush their yule logs next time rather than trying to sell their pieces of @#$% on the wii.

Golgo

Golgo said:

There's something depressing about this, especially the suggestions of Valentines' Day romance. Can you imagine snuggling up with your loved one in front of this?

Lobster

Lobster said:

I hope this is like fireplaces in the Sims, and nearby decorative objects can catch fire. That'd make it worth $5. :D

madgear

madgear said:

I have to be honest - sometimes I think "I wish my fireplace had a virtual mode" so it's not too warm if I'm sat in front of it after having the heating on. However I always think that whilst watching TV or playing on the Wii so not a solution.

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

Looks a bit lame but I'd take it over my $6 download of The Lost Levels in a nanosecond.