Final List of Indie Games Advent Calendar Titles is a WiiWare Who's Who

Posted by James Newton

Who's behind the doors?

Mission in Snowdriftland's list of indie games participants just grew a little bigger, now standing at a sizeable 17 studios bringing exclusive content to the advent calendar.

Yesterday Gaijin Games released a BIT.TRIP FLUX teaser image through the advent calendar, so WiiWare and DSiWare fans would be well advised to keep checking what's behind the doors in the coming days.

chick chick BOOM (tons of bits)
Super Meatboy (Team Meat)
Bit.Trip (Gaijin Games)
Toki Tori (Two Tribes)
Swords and Soldiers (Ronimo Games)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland (Akaoni Studio)
Machinarium (Amanita Design)
And Yet It Moves (Broken Rules)
Max and the Magic Marker (Press Play)
NyxQuest (Over the Top Games)
1... 2... 3... Kick it! (Dejobaan Games)
Flowerworks (Nocturnal)
Spirits (Spaces of Play)
JoyJoy (Radian Games)
Spirit Hunters Inc. (Nnooo)
Retro City Rampage (Vblank)
Dive (Cosmonaut Games)

[via mission-in-snowdriftland.com]

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

A little suprised to not see Nicalis on there, but that's still a completely awesome list of companies. Loving the game :D

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

This is really cool, all my favourite indies joining together to spread the Xmas cheer! Top stuff guys :-)

iwiica

iwiica said:

Nicalis was and is still invited, but they sounded very busy, so it is not sure if they can catch up... we still hope. The one last sock is hanging empty out there (outside of the visible stage). :-)

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

Just managed to beat level 9 and got a boatload of BIT.TRIP Avatars and the aforementioned teaser image. :D

iwiica

iwiica said:

@SoulSilver IV: nice! ;-)
There is hot stuff today behind the door no. 9.
But there is also cool stuff before it and after it... so keep opening the doors!

Btw... 17 teams... 24 doors currently... guess who's coming twice? :-)

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I'm willing to bet good money on Chick Chick Boom making another appearance :P

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

How does this work BTW? I just started up the game and without playing the levels I can download all the stuff. I did play the last time Mission in Snowdriftland was online, but I assume that doesn't mean I don't have to play through the levels again?

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

This is so much better than even a Cadburys choccy advent calender!!
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the game. Merry Christmas!!

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Gaijin Games will be back for more near the 17th will a FLUX trailer and a handful of screens. Calling it right now.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

I keep forgetting to give this a go when I'm home from work. Will definitely give it a go this weekend though. Hopefully there us some good Toki Tori stuff, as my gf loves him.

iwiica

iwiica said:

@Raylax: we could put this behind the secret crystal door. :-)
24th will be something really special, so stay tuned!

JakobG

JakobG said:

Why is Super Meat Boy here too?
I thought they scrapped the WiiWare and were going for a retail title?

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

@21: Because this isn't Wiiware based. Many of those games aren't Wiiware titles.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

@Raylax: I was just about to ask the same question about Radian Games inclusion on this list as their games are on Xbox Live Indies. Thanks for clearing that up!

This is a very impressive list of Indie developers! Kudos to Tons of Bits for putting this all together!:)

stewii

stewii said:

Yeah, we are quite happy to have them with us. In this hard busines it's really helpful to team up!