Documentary About Muscle March's Creator Explains So Much

Posted by James Newton

Learn about his inspirations

Muscle March is still probably the oddest game on WiiWare, to the extent you probably wouldn't want to meet its creator in a dark alley. But a short documentary? Sure, that's harmless enough.

Shinya Satake, the game's producer, and Keita Takahashi of Katamari fame both feature in this short documentary called Electric Dreamers, detailing how the two talented gents got their starts in gaming and other interesting nuggets of information along the way. It's worth a watch for anyone curious about the men behind some of gaming's most... er... original concepts.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

I loved this game. I don't care what you think. I'm probably one of about ten people in the west who were crazy about it. I bought it as soon as it hit hit WiiWare.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Haha I played this game at a Nintendo convention thingy & I loved it! Can't say I like the character designs but the gameplay/style is awesome, completely forgot to buy it though, probably get it soon.

Popyman

Popyman said:

"I think Bandai Namco is crazy" Haha, wow. XD

Great watch! I've always loved the Katamari creator, he's a genius. The other guy...was kind of creepy, to be honest. =P

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

Well, filmed back in March, when Keita still was working for Namo IIRC. Too bad he's left gaming alltogether, recently proclaiming Namco would be a pretty "mediocre company". I love his work and would love to see more.

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

that was great. Takahashi is really an interesting guy. and that bear was cracking me up

dustin_g

dustin_g said:

This game is in my top 10 all-time favorite list, sort of like a super bizarre racing game, very vivid colorful graphics, buy it, it will make your arms sore.

Ron_DelVillanoStaff

Ron_DelVillano said:

This is seriously my favorite WiiWare game. My cousin and I play this whenever we hang out. It's absurd, but hilariously fun.

SandMan

SandMan said:

Excuse me, but did the creator of Muscle March just tell us to play this game in nude?

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

I bought and played it like twice. There's $5 I'll never see again. Still, it's fun to freak out the squares with it.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Now if only these guys and the guys who created Elite Beat Agents could learn to make games with actual gameplay depth. A video game can be the funniest game in the world (and these games aren't very funny, anyway), but it will still be mediocre if it's boring to play.

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

I've always been curious about this one (I mean how could not not be?). Also, the fact that this guy worked on Katamari is definitely a good thing.

Gameday

Gameday said:

Ha i got this game its fun , no one wants to play with me but i get a work out on this everytime.