Camelot Excited by Challenges of 3DS Development

Posted by James Newton

But keeps quiet on specifics

Camelot's Golden Sun: Dark Dawn certainly took its sweet time to arrive, with a seven year wait between Golden Sun: The Lost Age and the latest Adept adventure. Now the game is finished, however, what's developer Camelot looking forward to next? Like nearly every Nintendo fan it's the 3DS, of course.

One of the two founding Takahashi brothers, Hiroyuki, was recently interviewed by IGN where he spoke of the 3DS's exciting potential:

Do you think we will ever see the return to some of Camelot's other great games on Wii or even 3DS? What are some projects you'd like to work on for 3DS?

Takahashi: I'm afraid I can't go into detail at this time, but the features of Nintendo 3DS are really exciting to me as a developer. I'm really excited to challenge myself and create something for it.

Whilst at least one Nintendo Life staff member would love to see Camelot patch up its relationship with Sega for a Shining Force 3DS, the smart money would be on a fourth Golden Sun outing or one of the company's beloved Mario sports titles. An updated version of Virtual Boy classic Mario's Tennis would certainly hit the spot.

[via ds.ign.com]

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Oh yeah 3D Mario Tennis would be sweeet. Saying that I'd be up for some of that 3D Shining Force too. :)

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Hopefully Sega does indeed have Camelot return to the Shining Series.
Either that or the rumored Breath of Fire revisit...

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@ecco: Not really a rumor, the Takahashi brothers said they were interested in making a BoF game

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Lz

Thank you for keeping me from getting too excited. I almost wet myself for a minute there.

Anywho Golden Sun 4 with selectable difficulties and doesn't take forever to get started. Make it happen, Calelot.:D

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Lz

I was being serious there. I read the post above you, almost got excited, then read your post. Now I won't be disappointed. Thank you.

Drewciffer

Drewciffer said:

awesome awesome awesome.
Camelot is tied with Intelligent Systems for most fav. developer ever.

Yadoking

Yadoking said:

Shining Force would be cool, but the money will be in Golden Sun. Solution: Make both.

mizumaru

mizumaru said:

It was so funny the first time I played Shining Force 2. I was like "wow? My main character sure looks like Issac?" "Hmm?, these menu screens look familiar, but I just cant place it? Later when I found out that SF was made by camelot I was like "OH SNAP!"(bewilderment) "WHAT"(Face Palm). what surprised me was that being so many years apart there are yet so many similarities. The Dark sword being available in GS2 for instance(Face Palm). There are other things too but I just cant remember...

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Of course they have to bring out a Golden Sun for 3DS, but I would love a new Mario Golf too :D The one on N64 was AMAZING, I only played the NGC one a little bit & I didn't really like it but maybe I'll give it another go someday...

LightSamus

LightSamus said:

I cannot wait to see the result of Camelot + 3DS!! Camelot make some of the most amazing games.

Noire

Noire said:

Golden Sun 4 please.

Please? Pretty please? Plllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Please?

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sakura_Moonlight2421 said:

Golden Sun 4 please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be so epic!!!!!

gatygun

gatygun said:

golden sun 4 gets released just after the 4DS release?

if they already took 7 years for a simple game like golden sun. Dont aspect to much from them.

I wouldn't be suprised that they skipped just like the DS, the compleet 3DS lifespan