Japanese Public Get to Play the 3DS at Nintendo World 2011

Posted by Trevor Chan

Might a similar demo event be planned for the West?

With the 3DS only months away from release, Nintendo of Japan has announced its upcoming Nintendo World 2011 event where members of the public can finally get their hands on the handheld system and see the wonder machine in all its glory.

The Japanese site has launched and reveals the demo event will run from 8th January to 10th January 2011 in Hall 9 of the Makuhari Messe convention centre situated just outside of Tokyo, Japan. Admission will be free, but further details on what games will be on display are still to be confirmed.

The 3DS has until now been only available to play at trade events, and Nintendo World 2011 marks the first opportunity the general public has to take the system for a run and experience in person what is hard to convey with words. With the Japanese release scheduled for 26th February 2011, and a March 2011 release for North America and Europe, it will be madness if a similar event isn't in the works for the West.

If Nintendo announces American/European events, what games would you want to see at the demo stands?

[via andriasang.com]

47drift

47drift said:

I'd want to play Star Fox 64 3D, Super Street Fighter IV, and... Dare I say it? Mega Man Legends 3.

rjejr

rjejr said:

My 8 yr. old just bought the first DS of any kind (white DSi) in our household on Tues. so it will hopefully be awhile before we get 1 of these (i.e. a couple of price drops) but we'ld still make a trip to NYC's Nintendo World to preview 1 of these. It's the 1st item I can ever think of that I just know I have to see it in person.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

A demo event will happen in the West, and it'll probably be in New York City. Having these kinds of events are the only way for people to see the 3D effect for themselves. I would love to try out Kid Icarus Uprising on the 3DS, but New York's too far from me.

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

You know, back in the late 80's and early 90's, gamers were probably thinking, "Man, how can gaming EVER get better than this? How can Nintendo top themselves in gaming? How can they advance past the NES and the SNES?", then came the N64, and the Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, DS, Wii, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, and now this, the 3DS, literal 3-D gaming on a handheld. A HANDHELD! We now think, "Okay, yeah, it was easy for them to advance past 8-bit graphics, but how in the world is it possible to top 3-D gaming on a handheld?! If they can get graphics of this quality on a handheld, imagine what king of graphics they can get on a console. What can they possibly do to top this handheld, 3-D breakthrough?" I am confident that Nintendo will find a way, because Nintendo has, is, and in the future will continue to find ways to break the very limits of gaming.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

There won't be one in the West. After all, Nintendo hates us :P :P :P

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

There'll definitely be one of these events in the US, but it'll most likely take place at the Nintendo World Store in NY, which means I won't be able to attend...

Supposing I could attend, though, I'd love to see the Ocarina of Time remake available for previewing...

Saber

Saber said:

Im gonna wait once this is finally released here in the USA for the slim version :)

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

They need to demo it as much as possible to show off the 3D and so people realize this is not another model of DS, its the successor

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

I'd love to be able to play the new Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time (never played the original), Metar Gear Solid and Paper Mario at the event. I've missed out a lot more. But anyway, I doubt Nintendo would ever do something like that for Europe.

NeoRausch

NeoRausch said:

i bet on a MASSIVE promo-truck/bus tour and MANY demo-stations all across the world, while we get bombed with ads everywhere that tell you to try and buy.

anyone against that bet? :)

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Xkhaoz crosses his fingers that Nintendo will have a 3DS event somewhere in Oregon

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

We'll probably get something here in England.Shame the bloody thing will probably run @ 50Hz though. :P

Punny

Punny said:

I'm happy with a nevent anywhere. Any game will do, especially Kid Icarus: Uprising or Mario Kart 3DS. :)

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

What would I like to play at a preview event?
Here are the games I'd love to try before I buy...

Super Mario Land!

Link's Awakening DX!!!!

Mario Freaking Kart 3DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa...I didn't think I was that excited! :O

timp29

timp29 said:

Damn it, my birthday is end of february and 3DS comes out in march. Zelda better go for february release then.

Yadoking

Yadoking said:

I'd love to see Ocarina but I think I would rather wait until purchase before I see that, because I am unsure how my body will react. So, MML3 and anything Atlus would have ready would be my most anticipated, but probably won't receive. Mario Kart would be a fun thing to demo for sure, especially if they allow all of the players to race against each other. Same goes for Street Fighter. Having a Phoenix Layton demo would be rad too.

adamantwolf

adamantwolf said:

mario kart, paper mario, zelda ocarina of time, super street fighter 4,and kid lucus uprising

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I just want them to hurry up and announce a release date, so that I can know for sure I get one at launch, and will need to find out from Gamestop which day they start accepting preorders, so I can be lined up a couple hours prior to store opening to ensure I get my preorder, but for sure Gamestop will not open preorders prior to a release date announcement by Nintendo, so currently, like everyone else, I am waiting for that release date announcement.

Wow, that was a run-on... Mrs Jones (my evil high school English teacher, Junior/Senior year in the late '90s) would be proud :P