Games Basement Nabs Exclusive PDP Wii Headsets in UK

Posted by James Newton

Limited stock of Headbangers nationwide

We've received numerous emails from worried Brits about the availability of PDP's upcoming Headbanger USB headset for Wii. Already available in North America, there's good news for gamers in the British Isles wanting to pick one up soon.

The headset itself will only reach UK shores in very limited quantities, but we can reveal that retailer Games Basement will have exclusive stocks available from next Tuesday, November 9th, to coincide with the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops, which of course will support the headset for its online multiplayer modes.

We understand other retailers won't begin to stock the headset until December, so this is a good opportunity to start trash-talking your opponents online without them firing back at you, with a range of pre-order options available.

The headset alone is £22.99, or £58.99 with Call of Duty: Black Ops. Nintendo Life readers can enter the promotional code ehkr57 for a £5 discount on the bundle, and you can't say fairer than that.

[via gamesbasement.co.uk]

irken004

irken004 said:

What the, promo codes? :D NintendoLife is really moving up in the world eh? I'm interested in getting a headset but do wish it was wireless :(

JakobG

JakobG said:

Eh, I'd rather get my Headset with Conduit 2.
Remember to include a promo code on here as well.

Natie31

Natie31 said:

Think this is cool, but it would be great if they had this for the DS with the Black Ops game!

Iggy

Iggy said:

Yea i wouldnt be buying this headseat or the game most likely. But thanks for the coupon codes hopefully we will see more in the future.

Coveycomz

Coveycomz said:

Great bit of detective work there Mr Newton, Professor Layton would be proud. Can't wait for this title to be released & great to see we don't need to wait in the UK until Dec/Jan for the PDP Headset :-)

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

I'll wait for the one that comes with Conduit 2. Besides, this will only work with friends, won't it?

danschemen

danschemen said:

the only way you can make me get it for the wii is if in black ops you can talk to random people other wise pointless.

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

@9 and 10: Since Conduit 2 has been reported to allow talking to random people, I'm guessing this game will too. Although I don't get why people want to talk to random people online like that when you don't even know the people you are talking too at all unless you are playing against friends.

wes008

wes008 said:

Out in the US already? May pick it up for MH3 :) and Black Ops as long as it's compatible with all WiiSpeak games. If not, I just think the price will be to steep as most likely only a few games will support it.

James

James said:

It isn't compatible with Wii Speak games, so it does not work with Monster Hunter 3, Endless Ocean, Animal Crossing etc. So far it's just Conduit 2 and Black Ops!

GammaGames

GammaGames said:

I want one, any price on the US ones? And, are they out already, I think you did an article on that. 5 DAYS!

Errol

Errol said:

It might be worth mentioning that the discount code can only be used when the bundle (headset + game) is purchased...

Gameday

Gameday said:

what it doesnt work with all games that are already wii speak ready and working ? why would they make such a thing ?

Aviator

Aviator said:

@16 "Nintendo Life readers can enter the promotional code ehkr57 for a £5 discount on the bundle"

Amon

Amon said:

Does the promotional code work anymore? I clicked the link, but I didn't know where to enter it.