Cricket Challenge, Rated and Spinning Towards WiiWare Service

Posted by Trevor Chan

A gentleman's game

GameShastra is India's largest games services company (apparently) and has had its upcoming cricket game rated by the Pan European Game Information ratings board, bowling its way to a WiiWare release.

Formerly announced as Balle Baaz, Cricket Challenge will be the first cricket game to launch on the download service. The developer's last release on a Nintendo platform ― Tumblebugs 2 ― scored very well in our review, so if GameShastra can replicate the good work it did on the game controls, we should have a solid cricket game to spend our Nintendo Points on.

Here's a short description from the game page:

Cricket Challenge is an arcade style sports game that gives you a fun filled experience while playing as a batsman in a game of cricket. Using the Wii Remote as a real cricket bat you can swing and control the actions of a batsman to make him play strokes, hit boundaries, 6's and try a variety of shots. The game is set-up in play ground amidst an urban background with builds, apartments and a lush green outfield.

Thanks to Janne for the tip.

[via pegi.info]

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

I love cricket!

(Namely due to exposure to the West Indies cricket matches while in Jamaica.)

It's one of the only sports I can truly understand.

Bankai

Bankai said:

Oh good stuff. I enjoy cricket on the wii, and I'm all for an arcade simulation of the game.

StuffyStuff

StuffyStuff said:

Cricket is a sport I've always wanted to play, but living in America, this might be as close as I'll ever get.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

If this were to come to America, I would so pick it up. I don't think it would cost extra to release it to the other regions (or would it), so they should do it. Cause as the above stated, no one has made a baseball Wiiware game.

iphys

iphys said:

Yeah, we probably won't get this, unless they think people might buy it for the novelty. As long as it doesn't take 5 days to play a game, I might be interested though -- always wondered what it was like to bat at a ball popping up off the ground.

Zach

Zach said:

I really hope that the subhead is a reference to Bat Fight, but I doubt it.