Cave Story Finally Burrows to Europe Next Friday

Posted by James Newton

December 10th for WiiWare release

Fed up of waiting for Cave Story to reach Europe? Well, your wait is nearly over: the game is Europe-bound on Friday, December 10th.

The game's also set to be a little cheaper than its North American counterpart, launching at 1,000 Nintendo Points rather than the original 1,200 price, and will see a simultaneous release in New Zealand and Australia on the same day.

The long wait is about to come to an end.

[via twitter.com]

blink83

blink83 said:

Hey maybe if I hold off on buying it will change 1000 points here too? =O

Chozo85

Chozo85 said:

Great news. The lower price point means I only have to purchase one points card to buy it as well.

SepticLemon

SepticLemon said:

wow... about time... Thing is I got myself a US Wii to play it. So for those who don't have one, enjoy...

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Awesome, I'll get Flowerworks at the same time. First WiiWare purchases in months!

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

So unfair. Why do they spend less...even though they pay more...er, I just confused myself :P

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

FINALLY!!! Although, I'd rather wait for the dsiware version because it's portable. I hope it doesn't take as long as the wiiware version has.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY!

Glad you guys finally get it. This was waaay overdue.

Croz

Croz said:

Why is the release so close to other games such as DKCR & Super Mario Allstars? This could of filled the gap between Other M which was released the start of September.

Scottie

Scottie said:

Cancelled my pre-order today for Mario Allstars anyway (see reasons why under the game thread re 50hz issues etc). Glad Cave Story is on the way.

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

The time it took for Cave Story to make it to Europe, two versions of it is already out in America. lol

Wesker

Wesker said:

Finally!! I hope it's bugless!! This will be my first download since Bit. Trip Runner. And 1000 points is the little cherry on top :-)

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

(see reasons why under the game thread re 50hz issues etc)

Can't find it. Link me to it or tell me here please.

KrazyKain

KrazyKain said:

About Fracking Time!!

but man I'm annoyed.. I've been saving 1000 points for this game ever since it's announcement... and NOW it comes out.. when my Wii is in another freaking country

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

@Sean Aaron

You didn't get BIT.TRIP FATE because? >=O

This is great news! Although I will put off buying it because a) I'd rather get the DSiWare version and b) I need to save my money after spending £100 on a giant Smugleaf plush. :D

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Hmmm don't know if I'll bother anymore, seeing as I just got it in my pc for free. Maybe after Xmas. Still good to see its coming.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Now give us an exact date for Mario Party 2, Nintendo! I have 1000 points saved for it. I hope Cave Story also comes with a demo.

Ben_Rage_V2

Ben_Rage_V2 said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but Cave Story wasn't that great. When I first played it, I couldn't get enough of it, but after a while, I got tired of dying and starting over at the beginning of the stage. (I guess I've become spoiled with modern day checkpoints.) It's not a bad game, and if you are looking for an old school experience, go for it, otherwise be warned.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

@ #30

Thanks. I was looking in the forums for the topic. So no wonder I didn't find it.

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

Ahh, finally Cave Story is released in Europe. Christmas comes early this year!
Now if we buy it here en masse then maybe those Japanese will realize that they shouldn't ignore Europe.
Oh, and it is not cheaper in Europe compared to America!
America: 1200 points = 12 US$ = 9,20 Euro.
Europe: 1000 points = 10 Euro = 13 US$.
So it actually means that the prices are very similar! So the pricing is fair.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Wow, I feel bad now about moaning when our American friends got a lower price, especially because they're being so nice about this. Now we just need the game on DSiWare!

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

@Senna Kurosaki
Japanese ignoring europe? But cavestory wiiware isn't out in japan yet.And its been developed by a company based in california. Not really anyone in japans fault it took this long...

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

@ Linkstrikesback
Ah, yes, you are right. I was thinking it's Japanese because the game is made by Daisuke Amaya. So it is a Japanese & American "conspiracy" to keep Europeans waiting. Hahaha! Anyway... I'm happy it's released in Europe too.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Great for Europe. I really like the WW demo, but I think I'll eventually get the lower priced DSiWare. It's definitely a game worth paying for (and since I probably won't mess with the extras, I can better justify it if I can bring it on the go.)

Kelvin

Kelvin said:

Heh. I've been waiting ages for this, but now I wonder if I don't want the DS version!

H_Hog

H_Hog said:

....Still gonna get it on DSiware, probably. If they don't make us wait another greater part of a year, at least!