Ant and Dec's Jungle Romp Kick Starts Donkey Kong Campaign

Posted by James Newton

In multiplayer they're both Diddy

Diminutive Geordie rascals Ant and Dec have been a staple of Nintendo's advertising campaigns for a while now, so it's no surprise to see them turn up again to promote Donkey Kong Country Returns with a series of web videos.

With the latest series of jungle-based endurance test (for all concerned) I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here having just started the tiny pair will be all over UK TV screens in the run-up to Donkey Kong's triumphant return on December 3rd.

We'll have a full review of the game available later on this week.

RebeccaGunn

RebeccaGunn said:

Nice tie in there ; ) Sort of hoped Nintendo would capitalize a bit on that as it seems a little too good an opportunity to miss!

At least Donkey Kong doesn't need to deal with eating crocodile willies or whining Z-list celebs...

Golgo

Golgo said:

Fortunately, no amount of paid-for blather from no-talent celebrities will put me off this game.

Marvelousmoo

Marvelousmoo said:

These guys aren't that bad. Especially considering what evil lies in Great Britain right now.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

... And these guys are... ??? Replace that money with American currency and we can talk. :P

thebluelight1

thebluelight1 said:

does anyone else remember their Poke-raps and think they should come back for Black and White adverts? :P

edhe

edhe said:

@Aviator

Who are they?

Ant and Dec - or Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnely are mainly know for their appearences in a childrens drama (about 15 years ago) called Byker Grove, set in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. After leaving Byker, they enjoyed a short career in music, their biggest hit being "Let's get ready to Rhumble" [sic] under the pseudonym of PJ & Duncan (their character names in Byker).

Nowadays, they are established light entertainers, with a spot on Britain's got Talent, (formerly?) X Factor, the British "Pop Idol" and of course, "I'm a Celebrity, get me out of here!"

As annoying as they are, they actually have talent, which is more than can be said for Jedward.

William90

William90 said:

thebluelight1

yes, I fondly remember SM:TV, that show seems largely forgotten nowadays. It was huge 10 years ago, and they had wonkey donkey!
They seem a hit has-been nowadays, and involved with a lot of trashy ITV stuff- I still kinda like them though. Jedward make me heave, I think I'll send an angry letter to nintendo marketing

Chris720

Chris720 said:

@edhe I don't remember them being in Byker Grove. o_O

At least these guys are some what funny. Jedward is just plain embarassing...

Also, with "I'm a Celebrity get me out of here" on now. Why didn't Nintendo not use the chance to have DKCR to sponsor the show?

It would of been a win-win..

Machu

Machu said:

Please can I let rip with a mass of un-edited expletives? Just this once? :)