Walmart Leaks Red DSi XL Package for America

Posted by James Newton

Then sort-of rescinds it

Oh, the treacherous life of an Internet video games retailer. You need only put something online for mere seconds and it's already been documented, disseminated, dissected and discussed by the ever-hungry gaming audience. Such is the fate of Walmart this week, who advertised the limited edition red DSi XL ahead of any official confirmation from Nintendo of America. Anyone attempting to click on the item and order one receives a brief message of apology, but the package was still displayed prominently on search listings for red DSi, though it appears to have been removed from here as well.

The hardware comes packaged with Mario Kart DS, with DSiWare trio Photo Clock, Brain Age Express: Math and Brain Age Express: Arts and Letters pre-installed on the machine itself. Walmart's bundle throws in EA fare Monster Lab and MySims Kingdom for a total of $199.00.

We don't have a release date for the machine yet, but we'll let you know when it appears. In the meantime, here's the official description from Walmart – see if you can spot the amazing new kart-racing game that's set to introduce a new character into our life.

Nintendo DSi XL, Red with Mario Kart DS & 2 Value Games Bundle Includes
Red Nintendo DSi XL System
Mark Kart DS Game Pack, rated "E" w/Comic Mischief
Nintendo DSi AC adapter
Rechargeable battery
Nintendo DSi XL Stylus (2)
Easy Start Guide
Manuals (Basic & Controls) and Support Booklet

The Nintendo DSi XL is a high-powered handheld video-game system with an extra large, wide viewing angle screen, and a full size, easy to hold stylus. It comes with features like touch-screen control for a unique gaming experience. Snap photos with the built-in camera, edit and send them to friends, play back your music with Nintendo DSi Sound, or browse the Internet with the Nintendo DSi Browser. From playing games to just playing around, the Nintendo DSi XL does it all.

Includes: Red Nintendo DSi XL System, Mark Kart DS Game Pack, rated ?E? w/Comic Mischief, Nintendo DSi AC Adapter, Rechargeable Battery, Nintendo DSi XL Stylus (2), Easy Start Guide, Manuals (Basic & Controls) and Support Booklet.

[via walmart.com]

RebeccaGunn

RebeccaGunn said:

This "Comic Mischief" fellow sounds curious, why does he get to headline with Mario, its his 25th Birthday! : ( (no love for Weegie too daww) donked with a koopa shell x_o

YoshiSage

YoshiSage said:

Good for them.

Seriously though, I hate Wal-Mart even more than I hate the DSi xL.

Tar

Tar said:

You mean.....We get somrthing finally? Have my prayers been answered?
/me sits down and waits for news on "Red Wii"

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Wow that looks awesome!...No...Wait..The 3DS is coming out next year...Meh, no point.

DiggerandIndy

DiggerandIndy said:

I bet it'll come on Black Friday, the day before our Thanksgiving. I noticed Nintendo's been making a tradition to sell LE stuff on that day.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Actually makes tones of sence if it was on black friday.
They also gave a limited edition dark blue dsi on black friday.
But any love for boxing day? (December 26th Canada Only)
UPDATE Maybe I should wait for the limited edition, Mario's 26th anniversary 3DS

Aviator

Aviator said:

@Koops3 Actually, Boxing Day is celebrated in many countries, such as; United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Ghana, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Greenland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Nigeria, Kenya, Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica and many more of the Commonwealth Nations.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

It's nice to hear that at least SOMETHING is coming to the US in regards to Super Mario Bros 25th anniversary products. Still, I can't believe NOA is going to deny us the Super Mario All-Stars collectors set. I really don't get why they'd give it to everyone else and not us. HELLO? Me and many others want to give you guys money for this! WAKE UP!

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Well maybe if you SHOUT at them long enough, they MIGHT consider it

EdEN

EdEN said:

And the red Wii is to be announced in a week or two tops to be available on Black Friday.

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

Mario All Stars is too much of a bargain. It made sense to Nintendo back in the SNES days when NES games were considered nearly worthless but they learned their lesson and from the GBA up until now they have been selling the games individually for more money. I doubt we will ever see All Stars Again. In fact they have probably already removed it from the history books.

As for the DSI XL it's tempting. I don't have a DS and I like the idea of a collector system but I'd want to keep it in excellent condition. $200 might be a bit steep when I can get the regular DSI XL for $170, a DSI for $150 or a used DSI for $109 or less.

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

I will not buy this, or a red Wii. Now the All Stars Collection? If it comes to America, I will get it.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

I told you guys. Since when has America not got something that Europe has?

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Finally a little 25th anniversary love for the US! Now if they just announce the red DSi, Red Wii, The anniversary game, and some cool Club Nintendo items everything will be perfect!

PaperLucario

PaperLucario said:

When I saw the headline, I was crazy (ZOMG Nintendo hasn't forgotten about us for Mario's birthday). But now I realize I don't have the money for it (and I already have Mark Kart). TwT

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Are you guys in Amercia Happy? All you guys need now is Super Mario All Stars and the red Wii's, it will come...

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

But I don't want red versions of hardware I already have. Where's the Mario Collection?

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

JebbyDeringer wrote:

Wii Sports says hi.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Too bad I already have brain age, and mario kart ds 5 years ago, and have no real reason to get a dsi when the 3DS is so close and I have no money for it anyway. Ah but that shiny red color with the mario items on it is SOOOO tempting! Gah I've wanted a handheld this color for soo long. I hope there is something similar for the 3DS! Seriously, soccer moms will buy this for their kids and then nintendo loses money on the 3DS because those same parents aren't going to buy them another handheld when they just got one!

It seems Walmart is leaking a lot of things on accident lately for vidya games!

TheLonelyGamer

TheLonelyGamer said:

I already have Mario Kart DS, and a DSi, so it's a pass for me, but that DSi XL looks epic. Give me All-Stars instead.