Soccer Up! Revives Arcade Football for WiiWare

Posted by James Newton

Like Sensible Soccer, but with Miis

There's a real shortage of sports games on WiiWare, or quality ones at least, but the real surprise is that there's not a single soccer game available on the service so far. EnjoyUp wants to change that, with its upcoming Soccer Up! bringing fast-paced football to the service for the first time.

Formerly known as EnjoyUp Soccer, Soccer Up! takes its cues from classic football titles such as Sensible Soccer and Kick Off!, putting the emphasis back on quick passing, super-bendy after-touch shots and controlling the height and power of each kick.

Soccer Up! has one ace up its sleeve: the ability to use Mii characters in matches, the game importing them directly from the Mii Channel. You can even create and customise a team for your Miis, letting them take to the pitch and go for glory.

EnjoyUp has sent over the first screenshots and we'll have more coverage in the coming months.

The ultimate Soccer comes back to Wii!

Soccer Up! is a funny soccer game that allows you a total control of any action of your team players: Control the ball, dribble and shoot with effect to confuse the goalkeeper and score a goal!

The ball has inertia and will move freely over the field. Show your ability to control it and make short and long passes. Choose the height, effect and power before shooting to the goal. Become a soccer master and make your rival defenders tremble!

Each country has its national team. You can create your own team with the in-game editor: give it the name you like, choose its equipment and the most important, play with your Mii´s saved on the Mii channel of your Nintendo WiiTM.

Soccer Up! features:

-Free Control Ball, the ball has inertial free movement and you’ll need to control it first.

• Total control of height, direction and effect in each pass and shoot you make.
  • Create your own teams using your Mii´s.
  • Play the World Cup!
  • Local Multiplayer option up to 4 players in cooperative or rival mode.
  • Choose any available National Team.

See for more details including, screenshots and exclusive content:

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/SoccerUp/139700512726129
Twitter: http://twitter.com/soccerupgame

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

That's a very strong statement "Like Sensible Soccer". Besides, I rather not remember Sensible Soccer 3D. Ill keep an eye out on this, even not liking football.

edhe

edhe said:

As well as being generally interested in football, the developer seems to have a good track record in it's releases (4 games, but all highly rated).

Even though I've recently bought FIFA 11, I might look out for this one too.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Had my attention until its only local multiplayer. WHy are so few WW games online capable? So depressing.

MERG

MERG said:

Hopefully this will be good. I've been dickering over good PES to play with my son but I hesitate as I wonder how much we would play. This is something I would invest in...as long as it is good.

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

I'm a huge fan of New Star Soccer, everything else promising to be great has been merely good at best. Hope this breaks the trend.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@8
Well looking at how well online is implemented in WiiWare games that support it, I'm kinda glad that many of the games are local only.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Need a review for this one. Besides, I'm not really into realistc soccer games. I love Mario Soccer though. Great game.

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

I loved Sensible Soccor on ps2. Don't like complicated football games. Traded Mario Strikers on Wii because the power shots broke the rhythm of the game. IF this is half decent it will be great fun making a team of mii's.

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

Enjoy Up Games has a pretty good track record with Nintendo games so I'd expect this one to be better then decent at least.

maka

maka said:

I'm not a football fan by any means but I loved Sensible Soccer back when it was first released on the Amiga. I'll be watching this one closely....