Neverdaunt:8Bit MMO

Posted by Anthony Dickens

Perfect for those of us that just can't get enough of 8bit

We love 8bit, you love 8bit, we recommend you check this out when you've got some time to kill. Those who decide to take a dip into the world of N8* should come back and let us know what you find.

Neverdaunt:8Bit is a free to play Sandbox MMO set in a 8 bit stylized 3D world made out of blocks. Entirely shaped by its players the game world is ever changing. Players compete for control over areas and are free to build as they wish, with blocks and Tronics. There are no character classes or levels, power-ups and items worn define a character's abilities. With no preset quests, players can define their own goals, allowing them to play and create without restriction, making every player's experience a different one.

Players capture sections of the landscape and build using the game's flexible tools. Splendid castles, surreal sculptures and even floating islands are all waiting to be conquered or created in Neverdaunt. The battles that occasionally break out between communities are some of the most unusual in any game. Neverdaunt's charm is amplified by the weird expression of player's personalities within it. More than any other game, Neverdaunt seems like the output of the minds of its players.

N8* is hosted by our good friends at dx.net.

[via dx.net]

KanrakusPizza

KanrakusPizza said:

I play enough of these types of games. Lego Universe, Gmod, Blockland, Roblox, the list goes on.

I think Im gonna try it.

rwq

rwq said:

Something like that, this is on the signup page: "the Neverdaunt:8Bit client requires Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 "

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

What's this got to do with Nintendo? ...I'm sure an admin type is about to give me a perfectly good answer to that question, I'm just a little thrown by this article atm :P
Also, I second what pix said. Doesn't look pretty.

edhe

edhe said:

Why is it headline news on Nintendolife? Because dx.net (Nintendolife's host) hosts it.

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

Looks interesting.

However, the graphics are more like "awfully rendered lego graphics" than 8-bit. If I recall, no 8-bit system had polygons. Doesn't make me think of 8-bit.

Arkia

Arkia said:

Eh...I don't know about this thing. I just tried it out and it seemed like an interesting idea but there really isn't anything to do from what I saw.

Ren

Ren said:

not to be a buzzkill, but what does this have to do with Nintendo? In fact what does it even have to do with anything 8-bit? looks more like 32 ala ps1 or something.

JimLad

JimLad said:

Yeah, ye had me excited until I realized this has nothing to do with Nintendo. Why would you do that to me NL? WHY!!?