Japanese Virtual Console List - November 2010

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Three more classics, and one not-so classic

Japan's doing its usual job of getting games just before everybody does: three of the games they're getting this month have already been officially announced for release elsewhere and will be coming in the next few months. The fourth game they're getting is more of a Japanese thing, and won't be too sorely missed anywhere else.

The four games Japan will be getting next month are:

Super Famicom:

• Bishoujo Janshi Suchie-Pai - A Jaleco-developed mahjong game with anime-esque girls that have extended conversations between each match. Nothing too special!
  • Super Bonk - The fourth game in the Bonk series, it bears some noticeable similarities to the third. Europe will be getting it in December.

Nintendo 64:

• Mario Party 2 - This should need no introduction, really. The second and generally most popular installment in the Mario Party series. Europe will get it in December.

Virtual Console Arcade:

Which of these will you be getting when they're released elsewhere?

[via nintendo.co.jp]

Related Games

Mr_G

Mr_G said:

Why is yoshi's island not an option for the virtual console?

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Why is yoshi's island not an option for the virtual console?

They're either having problems with the emulation of the FX Chip or they are saving it for a special occasion. And out of these games, I'll only be getting Mario Party 2; the day it gets released.

Yasume

Yasume said:

Mario Party 2 on release date for me. I've already saved my points for it and it will be the first VC game I've downloaded in months.

weirdproq

weirdproq said:

I'm getting Mario Party 2 when it comes to the Virtual Console in North America!

DiggerandIndy

DiggerandIndy said:

Where's the first Mario Party game? Is Nintendo scared of lawsuits by people with blistered hands?

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I remember really liking Super Bonk back in the day, so I'll be picking that one up for sure. Never been much of a fan of Mario Party but from what I hear, 2 is the one to play, so I'm happy for all you fans out there. Virtual Console has really hit a wall lately which is sad, but there really aren't that many games left I absolutely have to have. Yoshi's Island is really the only major one left I'd actaully be giddy if they announced it.

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

Ghosts 'n Goblins, huh? I heard that was ridiculously hard but really fun.
And I hope Mario Party 2 gets to the Americas.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

@14
He's referring the EXTENSIVE twirling on the joystick you had to do for a couple of minigames. The one where you're on the bike to power a lightbulb to scare a Boo away was a B*!

My palms hurt the WHOLE day.. But it was my favorite game in general on N64 out of many favorites of mine.

Terra

Terra said:

Already have MP2 on the N64 but it's still nice to see it getting released on the VC :)

Aenaida

Aenaida said:

Already have Mario Party 2, and nothing else on the list interests me. Oh well.

Hokori

Hokori said:

Thisll be my 1st Mario Party, unless I can find 4-8 or DS for a low price

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Token Girl, you may not get updates but the way things currently are, its easy to predict whats next in America thanks to the European releases. America is following the same order, so November will consist of Rival Turf, Street Hoop and Super EDF.

SuperTeeter64

SuperTeeter64 said:

Yay Mario Party 2. Oh wait, I own that and going to play it Saturday. :P

Also, people asking where Yoshi Island is? Why it's on GBA too silly people. Just get it that way, that or, how much would someone be willing to spend for my SNES copy? XD Just am curious...

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Yay Mario Party 2! I'm getting the day it comes out in December. I wish we knew the date though. Plus I need more points and there aren't any cards anywhere thanks to another NL user here...

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

MP2 foe me, when it comes, though since I don't have anyone to local multi w/ I might not get it @ all.

Alexneon

Alexneon said:

What about the first mario party? for me is the best, but oh well, i getting this one too.

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

Do they really think Mario Party would be as hard to play on the VC as it is on the N64? I certainly don't think so. The biggest problem was the design of the N64's control stick. I honestly believe the Classic Controller's stick remedies these problems...

Pepe

Pepe said:

I'll have to wait another year for Yoshi's Island(SNES), Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers(NES), Megaman X(SNES) and Jackal(NES) to be released.

Gameday

Gameday said:

Yea ill get it for sure , but yea im really puzzled where is mario party 1 like asked above.

Gameday

Gameday said:

@33 Just a personal opinion , i didnt feel like anything was wrong with the n64 remote back then but i dont think it would effect the gameplay now using the cc.