Hudson Has Six 3DS Titles In Development

Posted by Trevor Chan

Bonk, Omega Five, and Tetris due in 2011

Hudson's been keeping pretty quiet on the 3DS front since it pledged its support for the machine back in June at the E3 expo. Initial announcements of the Bomberman, Deca Sports, and Kororinpa franchises are now beefed up thanks to an additional three titles that have been added to the company's Japanese website.

First up is the side-scrolling shooter Omega Five, which was originally developed by Natsume and published by Hudson on the Xbox Live Arcade download service. It's currently not known if this 3DS release will be an entirely new game or an updated port.

When we caught up with Hudson Soft producer Andrew Plempel to talk about the upcoming WiiWare release of Bonk: Brink of Extinction, he hinted at some classic Hudson franchises making a return but wasn't even sure what platforms they would be on. Was a Bonk 3DS title what he was reluctant to talk about? Either way, the little bald guy will be butting heads on the 3DS next year as the franchise returns for more platforming action.

Last but not least, is the 3DS instalment of the iconic Tetris franchise. Hudson was in charge of bringing the WiiWare title Tetris Party over for a retail release in the form of Tetris Party Deluxe with its new modes, and it doesn't look like all that block-dropping fun is about to stop there as the 3DS will be getting its own Tetris game next year too.

Here's the list of currently-announced 3DS titles and their scheduled release periods (all names are temporary working titles).

Spring 2011:
Deca Sports Extreme
Kororinpa
Omega Five

2011:
Bomberman
Bonk
Tetris

[via siliconera.com]

Birdman

Birdman said:

What about that Tetris game that was supposed to come out on DSiWare? Any news on that?

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

I love Hudson though I don't think they've made anything lately that has interested me. They were supreme in the 90s.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Well...there was a Mario Party GBA and a Mario Party DS. I'm sure they'll make a Mario Party 3DS eventually, just not any time soon. However, judging from those previous titles I mentioned, I really, really hope they don't. Those games were terrible and I regret ever playing them.

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

@Mickeymac Hudson most likely doesn't have the license anymore (probably not renewed) as Nintendo seems to have taken things into their own hands with Wii Party.

@Malkeor Hopefully it's an actual Bomberman adventure game and not another mini game collection with him just tossed into it.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Other than Deca Sports this looks like a strong line up, and other than Nintendo no one else has done Tetris right but Hudson comes close.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

The videogame, villiage bicycle, Hudson, lol. Good to have you in yet another generation, on yet another system :)

I'm generally more happy to see them than Gameloft though, I'll say that much...

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

As much as I love classic Bomberman, I REALLY hope its one of the n64 ones. I loved all of those games, even including and especially Bomberman Hero which everyone gives a bad rap for. I love that game and people hate it because Bman jumps and there is no multiplayer! >:( I just hope its not another classic rehash like the wiiware one was. I also like seeing Bonk up there as well!

As many different times bomberman has changed "series" like Bomberman Tournament/Story, Bomberman and Max, Generation/Jetters, the N64 era, the SNES era, the Jump/Classic era, and that forgettable Atomic one, Bomberman always stays golden once you've been accustomed to the changes. A 3D one can't possibly go wrong!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Yeah, Omega Five never got the attention it quite deserved. I supposed it wasn't stellar, but for $10 it was a very fun and unique horizontal Shmup. I wonder how a 3DS version would work out?

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

Bomberman? Yes. A Bomberman game that is like Bomberman 64/ 64:Second Attack? Very Yes. A Bomberman game like the Wii version? Very Very No.

accc

accc said:

Can't wait for Kororinpa! Marble Saga is the best third party game on the Wii.

scooter2659

scooter2659 said:

BOMBERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!