Go Behind the Scenes with Back to the Future: Episode I

Posted by James Newton

Part one of the making of Episode I

Telltale's Back to the Future game captured the imagination as soon as it was announced, and now we have the first behind the scenes footage to reveal concept art, character models and a little bit about the game's plot.

This is just the first part of a series of behind the scenes videos, with the promise of regular extra videos, leading up to the premiere of the trailer on December 2nd.

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

[via gametrailers.com]

y2josh

y2josh said:

Great Scott! This sounds like it's going to be electrifying :O

Is this WiiWare only or is it going to be available for PC too?

benanen

benanen said:

Isn't it about time we saw some solid gameplay? It was announced ages ago! I mean, these videos are building hype toward, what, just a trailer?

Aviator

Aviator said:

@1 It's gonna be on PC/Mac (via Steam and Telltale) and WiiWare. It will also probs be on 360 and PS3.

@4 How many games are announced (a few months, not ages) in advanced and take a while for there to be any real info on them.

On Topic: I really don't like how it's going to a 3-D after the concept art was revealed.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

Man I love the Back to the Future series (can't wait for the blu-ray on Tuesday!) and it was awesome seeing Christopher Lloyd is involved. I am kind of with Aviator on this one...I was hoping it would stay with that dark, 2-D art, that was pretty slick. Nevertheless, I am sure I will wanna try this out.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@Aviator... he said trilogy!

Sweet, they got Christopher Lloyd to do the voice acting and inspirator for the game, that is awesome. Man we do need a good Back to the Future game/games to overlook that horrid NES game!

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel said:

@benanen If you look at the rest of Telltale's catalogue you'll know exactly what sort of gameplay it has. It's being built using the Telltale Tool, with which they made Tales of Monkey Island, Sam & Max and Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Yes, Doc, we do have a lot of catching up to do!

When I get the DeLoreon, I'm going back in time and stoping Universal Studios from taking down the Back to the Future rides and replacing them with those hokey Simpsons rides! Those things need to make like a tree and get outta here!

Big_A2

Big_A2 said:

@XCWarrior: I know! I'd kill for a full retail release. Ah well. I shouldn't let that get in the way of enjoying the game.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

Right when I heard, "Great Scott!" I got shivers down the back of my spine. Oh to be a little kid watching those films over and over again. After the great Tales of Monkey Island and the amazing SBCG4AP, I have high expectations for this game!!

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I love point-and-clicks, but I hope this isn't one of them... wouldn't stop me from playing it as I like Back to the Future, but still...