First Plants vs. Zombies DS Trailer Sprouts and Shambles

Posted by James Newton

Popcap title in motion

We broke the news of Plants vs. Zombies coming to DS in August, but now Popcap has released the first trailer ahead of the game's release in January.

With new achievements, a two-player versus mode and four brand new minigames, the trailer should allay fears that the game wouldn't justify its full retail price tag. It also contains footage of a unicorn with a zombie face, nearly beating the zombie bobsled team seen in the iPhone trailer.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

Couldn't they add new zombies, plants and especially new stages instead? Now that could tempt me into buying it again, even though I already own the iPhone version.

irken004

irken004 said:

Zombie Bjorn! I wonder why the game seems not as smooth as it should be though :(
@keeper I did see a new zombie or two, one being in the new minigame

Objection

Objection said:

New content=cool.
Lackluster frame rate and animations=not cool.

I'll stick with my itouch version. ($2.99)

rjejr

rjejr said:

I guess if they can get $20 on the DS no point in holding my breath for a 1000 point Wii version.

koops330

koops330 said:

Can't wait to get this
Bought the PC version and beat it and this looks amazing

motang

motang said:

Still debating on getting this version of Plants vs. Zombies HD on the iPad.

Bobpie

Bobpie said:

Insta-buy. The 'choppy framerate' just seems to sort of be a graphics alteration. It looks fun. :)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I have this game on my Xbox 360 and it is a lot of fun. I would have picked up the DS version but I didn't want to wait until January to play it. If you haven't played this game before, I strongly recommend picking it up. It is totally worth it and Crazy Dave is just CRAAAZY awesome!:D

ReddLionz

ReddLionz said:

$1 on the AppStore for a limited time. But who cares, its Plants vs. Zombies, we can spend $20 on it!

Nintendoftw

Nintendoftw said:

Horrible. This is a retail game? DO THEY REALLY THINK THIS WILL SELL? More like a 200 point dsiware game!

atmmachine11

atmmachine11 said:

I have it for the pc, and it is highly fun..and the ds, might be similer to the point and click mechanics with the pc so it might be fun to play

xPOTATOx

xPOTATOx said:

I have this for PC and iPhone version..But for DS and new features, it just might tempt me into buying it again..it better have wifi or any type of multiplayer in it, though.

mnoah

mnoah said:

i've played the iPod touch version
and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!