Exclusive: Just Dance 3 to Land "Holiday 2011"

Posted by James Newton

Try to contain your surprise

Have you been enjoying the recently released Just Dance 2? Then you'll be pleased to know that we've learned from an anonymous source that Ubisoft is already working on the follow-up, Just Dance 3, set for release in the holiday season of 2011.

The game has been in planning since before Just Dance 2 was released, something that's not surprising given the astounding financial success of the original Just Dance.

You can commence discussion of how excited you are by this exclusive announcement... now.

Zach

Zach said:

Three games in three years sounds fine to me, especially if they continue making improvements like they apparently did in #2.

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

Yes! I knew the Fire Emblem 3 remake was coming to America! And even better, it'll be here by Christmas next year!

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

LOL. Just Dance 3 + Christmas time + Most casual Wii Owners = $$$$$$$$$$$
3 Sequals in one year? Yikes, that's gotta be a breaking record for a retail franchise. But.I'd rather have Mega Man 11, 12 and 13 thank you very much. :p Anyways, I havent played Just Dance or Just Dance 2, yet I just actually might muhaha...Then again.

danschemen

danschemen said:

wow really that was fast! first one was great and a ton of fun. still need to get the second one.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Stop junking up the Wii and DS with your crappy rehashes, Ubisoft!

James

James said:

@WaveBoy If Just Dance was out in 2009, and JD2 in 2010, and JD3 is coming in 2011, how is that three sequels in one year? It's not even three games in one year!

Porky

Porky said:

Ughhh again? What's the point of buying them if they will make a better one soon after the first, second etc?

SuperMarioFan96

SuperMarioFan96 said:

Ubisoft also has Just Dance Kids and that Michael Jackson game coming out this year.....

Once again Ubisoft, look at Guitar Hero. Endless spinoffs with multiple releases each year drove them into the ground.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

If Ubisoft is smart then they will take this game multiplatform for the Playstation Move and Xbox Kinect.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Whoops, I clearly misread the article and skimming through it didn't help either haha. :p I thought Just Dance 3 was coming out 'this' christmas, I got it mixed up.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I'm with those that say don't milk it. This happens to way too many franchises. Just because something sold well one year doesn't mean it will the next. This is especially prominent on Wii when you look at titles like Boom Blox, Shaun White and No More Heroes. Having too many dancing games is just as bad as having too many anything else (remember the issue NIS had with DS being oversaturated with RPGs)?

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

I've never played either, but I was looking into the 1st months ago, & I skim looked into the 2cd weeks ago. Add an import your own songs function, & I'll consider it, Ubi.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Just as long as this franchise doesn't end up like FIFA...a new release every year with just a few tweaks here and there...

Wolfo

Wolfo said:

Yeah!!! taht's good news for me and my family who enjoyed a lot the game.