EA Builds Sims 3 Trailers for Wii and DS

Posted by James Newton

Get ready to meet your new family

The Sims is quite popular, apparently. Popular enough for Electronic Arts to bring the nonsense-speaking humanoids back to Wii and DS in the form of The Sims 3.

Both consoles will receive bespoke versions of the virtual life simulator, each with its own modes, challenges and objectives. The Wii version is set to include the series' first ever multiplayer mode, pitting players against each other in so-called "Life Moment" challenges, whereas the DS release will let players create their own houses using the stylus and touchscreen.

Here's two trailers to get your excitement meter suitably high.

Wii:

DS:

Related Games

James

James said:

If you think that's cynical you should read what I write about the games I don't like.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

Surely justifiable criticism and cynicism aren't mutually exclusive. I'm sure that most of you guys would have been acquainted well enough with The Sims franchise to determine whether or not it's suited to your tastes.

The DS version seems to be a faithful (albeit "lite") rendition of the PC game, though the Wii game appears to be an uninspired, aimless open world game devoid of the grittier elements of the human condition that have made the GTA series so compelling.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

@GamesX99: I doubt it as previous DS titles have omitted homosexual relationships from the games (as same-sex relationships probably warrant a higher classification in the U.S.). Same-sex affection and relationships are treated no differently to that of heterosexual relationships under some classification systems (such as that of the OFLC in Australia, and EU's PEGI).

The home console versions on the other hand (including the Wii), would certainly allow it though.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Yeah, I think I remember getting two girls to fall in love and actually having a baby in the original Sims. xD

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

I don't remember adopting them...but whatever, its been a long time since I've played that.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Took them long enough to make a REAL sims for the DS...
please, dont ruin it tis time EA.

also, if i remember correctly, the sims bustin' out for the gamecube had multiplayer.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

Indeed. The Sims 3 for the 3DS is apparently set to be released upon the launch of the 3DS.