Charity Marathon Sees Every NES Game Played Back to Back

Posted by James Newton

Over 750 games in total

Mario, Zelda, Pokémon: these are all good themes for charity marathons, and have raised countless thousands of dollars for a range of charities. Playing every game in a particular series back-to-back is a big accomplishment, but how would you feel about playing every game available for a single console? If that console's the NES and you're Pat the NES Punk, you'd probably want to do that.

Starting on Saturday, October 16th, the 8-bit loving punk will be playing every NES game back-to-back, taking in over 750 titles in order to raise money for the Child's Play charity. It's all in celebration of the NES's 25th anniversary, a gaming milestone we at Nintendo Life will be celebrating in our own special fashion.

The charity marathon kicks off on Saturday, October 16th at 3pm EST, 12pm PST, and can be seen streamed live on a range of websites including Screw Attack.

Have fun with Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Pat.

cheetahman91

cheetahman91 said:

He'll have to play crap like Action 52 and Back to the Future eventually. Then again, it is for charity so he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Objection

Objection said:

I worked it out and he has less than 115 seconds per game, so I think he's gonna play each for about a minute or so.

jkgatling

jkgatling said:

I could do that too, well kinda, I aint got all them games but if someone gave em to me I could easily do it. although on 24 hours u got like a minute for each game...

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

i suppose they need to take into account things like, food, drink and toilet brakes. how many nes consoles will be used, because of the constant loading in and out of each game. and i`m sure somebody needs to keep tally of the time and games played.
oh, and will this count to a guiness book world record at all?
read the poster, 24 hours in the corner.

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

I can't wait for him to get to the weird stuff like Tombs & Treasure or Magician.

sykotek

sykotek said:

Meh, not an accomplishment. Lemme know when someone attempts to beat 750 NES games in a marathon.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

@ 20. sykotek
I'm with you there, that's what I thought at first.

My God, he may have to play Infiltrator. (ARGH)^2

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

That's one load of a challenge. Not sure if I'll be tuning in, but sounds like an awesome milestone! :)

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

It'd be more impressive if he was actually going to beat them all (not in 24 hours, obviously), but awesome, I guess?

JustaGerm

JustaGerm said:

Does he have like, a set window of time to play each game, to ensure he nails each one before the 24 hours is up? Yaknowsay'n? Word.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Deadly Towers? Bible Adventures (and all the other Wisdom Tree games)? Ooh, how about those über-rare tourney carts? I can't help but assume there'll be some emulation involved here one way or another...

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

games like Bible Adventures and Action 52 might not count since they're unlicensed and therefore not part of the official NES catalogue

JimLad

JimLad said:

I suggest leaving Spy vs Spy til last, it will almost certainly give him a headache.

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

Good luck beating Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, all the Ninja Gaiden games, Siver Surfer, Battletoads, and The Karate Kid all in one day.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

@bro2dragons #31:
"so...... is he playing Bubble Bath Babes? ;) "

I was thinking the same thing. I actually own a repro Pamesian multicart from Retrozone. No mention anywhere of unlicensed games. Tengen Tetris is my all-time favorite unlicensed cart.