Be Britain's Best Nintendo Gamer and Win a 3DS

Posted by James Newton

The search is on!

Last year saw Josh Stevens crowned Britain's Best Nintendo Gamer 2009 in a packed-out event in London, and now he'll be given the opportunity to defend his crown by taking part in Nintendo's newly announced Britain's Best Nintendo Gamer 2010.

Qualifying kicks off in two weeks in participating Game and GameStation stores on the 16th and 17th October, fighting it out in New Super Mario Bros. Wii's Coin Battle mode. The top two players from each store will win a year's supply of first-party Wii titles and a Nintendo 3DS when it launches in March next year.

The final will see the top 16 battle it out on GoldenEye 007 for Wii, with the winner announced at the Golden Joystick Awards on 29th October.

It's time to start practising those New Super Mario Bros. Wii skills.

Related Games

James

James said:

I wish I could enter this. Good luck to everyone who takes part!

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

I never once use "Coin Battle mode"
maybe if it had online, then more people would play it.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Again, I have to wonder why I live in the middle of nowhere in the United States... sigh :( ...

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

They shouldn't have mentioned winning a 3DS. Now every gamer in every country is going to try to enter that contest.

Objection

Objection said:

So they play a mode that no one plays and then play a game that no one has played yet? Interesting tournament. :P

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Oh, wow, nice catch there, my friends across the pond. Good luck to all who enters and to whomever wins, you will be the envy of many!

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

I would enter this but I'd probably fail and then get really upset when I come last. I remember Mario vs Luigi mode on NSMB DS...the tension is just too much. Then again, everyone's an XBOX fan around here, so I can imagine being the only one to enter.

JayArr

JayArr said:

I have booked a flight to London and have procured fake documentation of Britanian citizenship. The 3DS will be mine!

hithomas

hithomas said:

I'm not going to be in the country for this... but if I was I'd start playing coin battle right now.

Uri_Civ

Uri_Civ said:

Ehh.... I think I'll just go and buy my 3DS. It seems easier that way. Not like a had a choice living in America anyway.

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Too bad I sold this game and never played the coin battle.MMm I might enter anyway you never know! A free 3DS would be sweeeeeet!! :P

James

James said:

They get it the same time as everyone else, they just don't have to pay for it is all!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

WOAH what an awesome competition :D We had a NSMBW coin comp down here in Aus but the prize for winning wasn't anywhere near as good as a 3DS & a year's worth of games :D

For anyone who plans to enter I highly recommend you play the coin mode before hand (If you have no one to play w/ but do have an extra wii remote just connect it up as if it was a 2nd player & leave the character sitting there) & go through the "recommended levels" & count the coins. Find the areas w/ the most coins, draw up maps if you like & create plans to get the most coins even if you miss the big star coins. I know this sounds like a lot of effort but if you want the 3DS... It's worth it :D I only thought up doing this after the Aus comp & regretted it since :P

Oh & for those people w/o the game, don't worry! In the NSMBW comp I went to one of the winners hadn't ever played before, he didn't even own a Wii :P So don't count yourself out, you might as well give it a go :) Good luck to all!

jack0

jack0 said:

just cause we beat the brits every time in the commonwelth games doesnt mean you have to tease us with a competition where u win a 3ds! :D :d

Belle

Belle said:

Does anyone know what time the stores will be running this contest from?

rowell1

rowell1 said:

Holy crap im a good nintndo gamer i got a world record for new super mario bros