WayForward Not Working on A Boy and His Blob for 3DS After All

Posted by James Newton

But is another studio?

Back in June, when the 3DS was revealed, Nintendo released a long list of games on their way to the system, with Majesco's A Boy and His Blob right at the top of the list (alphabetically speaking, anyway). Now developer WayForward has confirmed it's not currently working on the title, and that the announcement of the game was one big mistake.

A spokesperson for WayForward told Eurogamer:

the Blob announcement at E3 was incorrect... we're not developing blob for any systems currently.

Whether or not Majesco has another development team working on the project is unknown, or if the whole revelation was just one colossal mistake. Still, cheer up – have a look at these games coming to 3DS and everything will be better.

[via eurogamer.net]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'd say that "Disappointment" tag is rather fitting for me. :)

sykotek

sykotek said:

I'd still buy this version if its from a development team experienced in 2D gameplay like Treasure, Griptonite or Gameloft. ...haha, just kidding about that last one. =)

JamieOStaff

JamieO said:

I would have loved this bit of news to read "WayForward Not Working on A Boy and His Blob for 3DS After All...'Cause They're Too Busy Developing 'Contra 5' on 3DS!

That is just a bit of wishful thinking on my part, though! ;)

motang

motang said:

Well would really need another remake, the 3DS is getting enough of that, I would rather see some other 2D game like the SNES version of Pitfall! :D

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Oh smeg, I had that down on my insta-buy list. I loved the wii version, and would've loved a handheld one of similar quality even more.

BlueBandanaJake

BlueBandanaJake said:

K.O.!
Profound Sadness!!!

...oh yeah, Super Street Fighter 4 will be coming to 3DS. Still, that's too bad, I absolutely fell in love with A Boy and His Blob for Wii. Maybe this mistake has Majesco thinking "hey... that's a good idea!"

Rasche

Rasche said:

Dang. That would've been a cool investment. I never played the Wii version but I have the NES version on the virtual console and I liked it.

SonicMaster

SonicMaster said:

That sucks, but
1. I never heard of it :P
2. I'd much rather no one make it that someone other than WayForward. There's no way it'd be as good.

timp29

timp29 said:

I haven't really got into the Wii version, mainly because I bought it at the same time as new super mario bros wii. The first few levels I did play however were pretty pedestrian. Does it get more challenging in the later levels?

EdEN

EdEN said:

Oh, I was waiting for this to be a sequel to the Wii game but now I don't know what to expect...

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Hey, guys, read the article, it said another studio might be working on it! And if not, WayForward might make it some day. No need for sad faces.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

I had no idea about any supposed blob on the 3DS anyway. I still have to finish the NES version, then play the Wii one I haven't opened yet.

moosa

moosa said:

@4 The day Treasure develops a slow-paced puzzle adventure game is the day the industry has come to an end.