Telltale Jolts Us with 1.21 Gigowatts of Back to the Future Character Art

Posted by James Newton

Marty and the Doc looking sketchy

The announcement that Telltale Games is bringing Back to the Future to WiiWare was enough to send us into a wild frenzy of quoting lines. Now the first official character art has hit 88mph and materialised on our desk there's no telling what will happen.

The information accompanying the artwork is similarly exciting: Christopher Lloyd will voice Doc and the original screenwriter Bob Gale is working on the plot alongside Telltale Games. The iconic DeLorean and Hill Valley also return, with at least part of the game taking place in 1985 as well as other time periods, naturally. Those of you with access to a time-travelling DeLorean can skip to the game's launch this winter; the rest of us have to wait.

[via content.usatoday.com]

Zach

Zach said:

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

darebear

darebear said:

God I sure hope it's not Bieber! How about a game where we can throw bottles at him on stage instead? ; > In all seriousness, if they've got Chris Lloyd already then why not go the full 9 to please fans and get Michael J. Fox to voice Marty. I kinda think he owes it to the franchise for helping to make him so incredibly rich. Besides, this will only add to that. Anyway, I'd probably buy it, if the reviews are decent.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I would like Michael J. Fox to voice Marty as well, but I know with Parkinson's disease, alot of tasks he does these days are taxing, including speaking... so if we get his voice, great, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Great Scott! I hope this turns out well, I really liked Telltale's Strong Bad series.

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Hopefully this won't turn out to be horrible. It's about time BttF got a good game.

Guybrush_Threepwood

Guybrush_Threepwood said:

Can't wait to play this! Back to the Future is definitely the best comedy trilogy ever. I loved Telltale's Sam & Max Season 1+2 and Wallace & Gromit on XBLA.

I won't get a WiiWare version of Back of the Future though if they announce also a XBLA or PSN release in the future. Especially not after the graphics and audio issues in Tales of Monkey Island on WiiWare.

TLink9

TLink9 said:

So we are basically talking about a back to the future 4 for a video game sweet. But I think Doc could have been a little less shaded around the eyes.

jp-30

jp-30 said:

Umm, where does it say this is coming to Wiiware?
If it does even come to Wii, I'm betting it'll be disc based after the episodes are done, like they've done for Sam & Max.

Edit: From the original press release a mention of Wii, but not of Wiiware specifically: "Telltale Games is going back in time for a new series of video games. The developer is creating episodic titles based on the "Back to the Future" and "Jurassic Park" franchises... The as-yet-untitled Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PC and Mac games are set to be released this winter."

Aviator

Aviator said:

Even if it did come out on Wii/WiiWare, If I am going to buy it, it would be on Mac

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Shoot, everyone already took all the good quotes I can think of (except the somewhat racist Family Guy spoof). Oh well, if this turns out good, it's an insta-buy for me! :)

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

You dont need money, dont take fame! Dont need no credit card to ride this train! It's strong and its sudden and it cruel sometimes! But it might just save your liiiife!

That's the Power of Love! :-D

I might actually get this.

Min

Min said:

@7: WTH is Ness doing in Mother 3?

Also: Awesome, can't wait to pick this up :)

timp29

timp29 said:

Damn it sandman... that was the only quote I could think of and you beat me to it!

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Realistic graphical style? Where we're going, we don't need a realistic graphical style.

I still find it weird that Christopher Lloyd was only 47 when the first movie came out (he's 71 now), meaning he was actually only 17 in 1955.

So anybody saving up for a hoverboard in 5 years?

i8cookie

i8cookie said:

that's so weird, i was just thinking yesterday about how cool it would be to have a back to the future game where you can drive the delorian up to 88mph and switch between time zones, kind of like link the to past but much more 80s. Lets all hope it'll be as cool as it is in my head.

Kidpit

Kidpit said:

I wonder if they're going to include the train the Doc turned into a time machine from the third movie.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

We all better buy the game. I don't think Telltale, "can live with that kind of rejection". ;)

No really, I hope the game is like the Frisbee pie pan, "Far Out!"