Step to the Beat of the Lilt Line Website

Posted by James Newton

First trailer available

Our recent Lilt Line First Impressions placed the game on many readers' radars, but words cannot do justice to the game's soundtrack or devious design. Thankfully Gaijin Games has obliged by launching the official Lilt Line WiiWare site containing the first trailer of the forthcoming release, hopefully filling in some of those mental blanks.

Making the game look far easier than it really is, it gives a far better idea of how the game is played, navigating a thin white line through a series of contorting caverns to a dubstep soundtrack from 16bit. There's no official release date yet, but keep your eyes glued to Nintendo Life for updates on Lilt Line and BIT.TRIP FATE in the near future.

[via liltlinewii.com]

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Wow I don't know if I like the music... Usually I love music that's tied to the game & is retro :(

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I have no freaking clue what happened at the end there. But I like the music. I could see having this on at a party, just in the background, and shaking the wii-mote in time (or however you control it).

Punny

Punny said:

It reminds me of Art Style: light trax, but a bit funkier. In other words, looking good! :)

Collinhall

Collinhall said:

Looks neat, but I haven' even been to the wii shop in a year or so. The last time I bought a game was My Pokemon Ranch (which sucked) right when it came out.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Yaaa I'll pass. I kind of dig the music, but the actual gameplay? Naddah.
And I actually got this confused with Bit Trip fate earlier. Anyways, I'm dieing to see FATE on the other hand.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Whoa, looks intense. I'm assuming the levels are more challenging then they look? It is Gaijin after all.

jbrodack

jbrodack said:

Looks cool and been waiting to see the wii version in action. Been following since the original announcement of this and since then really got to like 16bit and dubstep more. Reminds me how wipeout xl got me into future sound of london and techno more. I can definitely see this kind of music being divisive though.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I like the gameplay but I'm not so sure how I feel about the music. I might give it a try because it does look rather unique and interesting.