Shantae: Risky's Revenge Soundtrack Now Available

Posted by Corbie Dillard

And the tunes won't break your wallet either

If you're one of the ones anxiously awaiting next week's release of Shantae: Risky's Revenge on DSiWare, the kind folks at Wayforward have a little treat to help tide you over.

The full soundtrack of the game is now available for download and the interesting (and rather generous) twist is that you can choose to pay for it whatever you think it's worth – even free. Click here to visit Big Lion Music and pick up the soundtrack.

We'll keep you posted on any future news about Shantae: Risky's Revenge and we'll have a full review of the game shortly after its release.

[via biglionmusic.com]

Objection

Objection said:

Whatever you think it's worth? Is there a minimum, such as $0.01? Not trying to be insulting, I'm just frugal, as is most of the Internet.
EDIT: Nope,you can choose to be cheapo, yay. But I wish there were more options, I'd like to donate something. but not that much :P

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

You can get it free if that's what you think it's worth.

EDIT: Wow you don't even want to pay $2.

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel said:

"the interesting (and rather generous) twist is that you can choose to pay for it whatever you think it's worth - even free."

Someone hasn't heard of In Rainbows. :P I'll get it for free, and if I like it or the game a lot I'll buy it.

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel said:

How do you edit comments? D: Free isn't an option anyway. There are preset amounts you can pay.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Free is an option, it's right below the "Buy it Now" button. And you edit by clicking "edit," which should be plainly visible next to the post.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

HolyMackerel must be having a bad day, or very poor vision. :D

Terra

Terra said:

I had to cancel my card so I can't give them money for it. But I will at a later date

YoshiSage

YoshiSage said:

"How can you say no to that face?"

...or that bod*SHOT*

...and the crowd falls silent.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

I downloaded it last night a little after midnight and it is awesome. I hope you all at least consider it. And if you're able to, throw a couple of bucks they're way. WayForward isn't Capcom or Konami, after all, and any support that can be given to them would be well appriciated by them, I'm sure.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I'm taking the 'spread the word' option on my Twitter. ...To all zero of my followers (emo). But then again I haven't downloaded it either. My jerk-o-meter keeps going off everytime my mouse hovers near the Get It Free button.

Natie31

Natie31 said:

I dont what to hear a soundtrack of a game that i havin played, if its not mario then i dont want it. Im waitin for the game, sorry dont have the money. Plus i have my mp3/movie player

WoottWinds

WoottWinds said:

Left him $5, super excited for the game and WayForward deserves to be supported in every way. Next Monday can't get here soon enough!!

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

I would download this, but seeing as I can't pay for it myself and I'd feel bad downloading it for free, I might as well just wait until the game comes out.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

So Much Hype for this DSi ware game.

If they were going to make it this Big,
They should have made this a real DS game

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Why people feel bad for not paying for the soundtrack files for a game they're about to spend $12 on is beyond me. Besides, they gave it as a completely valid option as opposed to having to search file sharing sites for it. Seems to me they most want people to enjoy the music, and if they can/want to pay a bit for it, that's gravy.

Speaking of which, I like what they did with the punctuation on the price drop-down menu.:D

@JumpMad: If they could find a publisher, they would have. Fact is, nobody wanted to back this game.

NostalgicFrog

NostalgicFrog said:

@JumpMad: They tried to make it a real DS game before, among other systems, but they couldn't get a publisher, so they went with DSiWare instead.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

Just downloaded it, and it is very good and making me extremely anxious for the 4th of Oct. to arrive. I don't think anybody should feel like a jerk for clicking "Get it Free", since the game is more expensive than normal DSiWare games, I see it like a "bonus" they are letting us have.

Birdman

Birdman said:

Just got it and am listening to it now. Pretty nice, though I'll probably delete the really short ones, as those tend to get annoying pretty quickly.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Downloading for free, because, well, that's a legal option. Don't feel bad about getting it for free if the artist is offering it for as much! I paid 1 cent for World of Goo on PC, and I haven't lost any sleep over it.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Uh, this is a little weird. And cool at the same time. Should I download it for free and save a buck, or drop a few greenbacks and support WayForward? INTERNAL CONFLICT!

Crystalking18

Crystalking18 said:

Without saying how much I paid for it, I loved the songs on here, especially the Final Battle song