Shantae: Risky's Revenge Coming October 4th

Posted by Corbie Dillard

The much-anticipated platformer is on its way

WayForward has just announced that its brand new DSiWare platformer Shantae: Risky's Revenge is headed to the DSiWare service in North America on October 4th.

We'll keep you posted on any news on the title and we'll have a full review shortly after its release early next month. We've also got an exclusive interview with the developers of the game that's coming soon as well. Stay tuned.

Untitled

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Why do I get the feeling this is going to shove my WayForward love up a notch from "full-blown" to "outright psychotic?"

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

I think MasterGraveheart had a massive heart attack. I don't see him here so I'll do the honors.

YYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :O :D

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

Best news story from NL this month!
Second, 3DS announcement
Third....... Idk(who really cares though) :p

Edit: oh, Cave Story DSiware rounds out the top three....

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Knowing how long the gaps between na and eu releases, wayforward's other games have had, this will probably take ages to come to eu.

Natie31

Natie31 said:

Fall season is always the best times when great games comes out. Feels so good that summer is over. Will be gettin this game and all the great one to come!

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Cool! I've been waiting for this, although a little more patiently than others. coughMasterGraveheartcough

Also, Cave Story DSiWare!? :O I was not aware of this!

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

ugh, NEED DSi...ARGH, NEED MONEY.
Wiiware port, wiiware port, wiiware port.
If you chant three times, the nintendo fairy will grant your wish.
looks around, grasping the air for hope

sits in corner

SuperMarioFan96

SuperMarioFan96 said:

Never played the original or anything, but judging from the reaction of everyone on this website combined with how awesome the trailer looked, this sounds awesome!!!

Also, cost?

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

I might have to give this a try!

And, on the subject of cave story, I'm still annoyed that they haven't even released it here in Europe, let alone make available a fixed version for NA.

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

I don't care how good it is, no more DSiWare games for me. I never play them, I only by them and occasionally look at their animated icon on the menu. It does look good though.

sfog

sfog said:

Day 1 for me. The GBC original is outstanding, and the trailers for this looked excellent as well.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I absolutely cannot wait for this game to hit. I'm gonna be all over it for the review. :)

Objection

Objection said:

Was just gonna send ya this tidbit, since I still get the newsletter, lol. But glad you already knew.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

...YYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!! I HAZ A HAPPY! <3<3<3 :) :) :)

Ahem, sorry about that. But y'know, it's kinda sombering, now I don't get to pester you guys with my nagging and whining about "Where's my Shantae" every week... now I have a reason. It's slated for release on a specific date!

...after October 4th, though, I get to complain about how the second part isn't out yet. =P

sykotek

sykotek said:

Did it just get cold in here? Anyways, Wayforward, you'll get my points when the game gets released. Everyone, start setting your ridiculously high expectations bar lower peoples.

2-D

2-D said:

Wow, I'm just hoping they put all these games straight on 3DSWare. The list of reasons to get a DSi just got bigger, months before the 3DS. Damn you, scheduling!

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the second game over 800 points and when they mean shantae is coming out do they also mean wiiware?

Denkou

Denkou said:

ok, what nationality is shantae? i have seen her with white skin, black skin, cream skin, purple skin, wtfisrongw/me skin, and no skin. WHICH IS IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel said:

Now to watch the people who got over-hyped about this game get depressed when they play the real thing and find that it doesn't live up to their astronomical expectations.

It's just a game people! A great one, I'm sure, but if you expect too much then you're going to be let down because it didn't match your imagined version of it.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Where's my Shanta-oh, wait, there it is. :)

Except I just realised that WayForward enjoy making Europeans wait a year after NA to get games (Reflection has been 'coming soon' for nearly two years now, and we got MFC about six months after America, I think).

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I agree, lit took ages but at least it had the excuse of the improvements that were made whereas MFC had no excuse for the gap between it's na and eu releases.

Punny

Punny said:

Hurray! Shante: Risky's Revenge finally has a release date! I'm still debating whether to party with Otaku or take a certain purple-haired half-genie out on a date. :)

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Man the hype for this game is UNBELIEVABLE... it's because of every Shantae fan here that I wish to see what this game is finally all about. Don't let me down y'all! :|

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

It's funny because I had been saving 800 points on my DSi for this, but it looked like we might not get it till December or something, so I ALMOST spent them this week. Thank God, I saved those points since Oct. 4 is just around the corner.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

No wait for a new Shantae game is too long for me. I've been waiting many years on this and it's hard to believe it's finally almost here. :)

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

man, this is the one game that makes me REALLY wish I had a DSI! I also wish the original wasn't so damn expensive to find in cart form, because GBA flash cards can't emulate it right. Man, to think I had a perfect chance to buy the game in the early 2000's but I didn't because I didn't know anything about it back then and (shamefully) thought it was just some silly girls shovel ware game from the looks of it. :(

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Said this on Gamefaqs, wonder if Nintendo held this back until now, considering 3DS is around the corner, regardless of whether it's released before, or after this Christmas.

I assure you ppl will probably get a DSi now, for this game alone.