Nicalis Wants You to Know Cave Story DSiWare Music is Perfect

Posted by James Newton

Upcoming update for WiiWare too

Cave Story was a much anticipated WiiWare release – of course, European gamers are still much anticipating its eventual release – but the forthcoming Cave Story DSiWare is beginning to mimic its big screen predecessor in terms of generating excitement. Some gamers will be hoping it doesn't copy some of its problems though, including the occasionally shonky music, but producer Tyrone Rodriguez assures players that won't be the case.

An interview between Tyrone Rodriguez Tiny Cartridge gave the Nicalis man the chance to assure those concerned about the music it'll be A-OK.

Tyrone Rodriguez: Oh yeaaah!! The other thing we learned is that audio is almost more important to Cave Story fans than artwork. For those ready to bitch about the audio, it’s perfect this time around, the first time around.

The interview also briefly covered an upcoming update for WiiWare Cave Story, which will "address a game-breaking bug and a ton of other fan-requested fixes," in Rodriguez's own words.

We'll update you with more Cave Story information as it arrives.

[via tinycartridge.com]

Omega

Omega said:

Cave Story PC music is perfect, too. And you don't have to wait until the next century before you can play it in europe.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Glad to hear about the bug-patch. I'm looking forward to replaying this game, but I'm waiting for the update. :)

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

Well, I thought they'd learn from their mistake of not checking the audio for the WiiWare version. Good job Nicallis.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Fixing the music on WiiWare? Ummm... I kinda actually like the current music, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do...

Shugo

Shugo said:

Thank God WiiWare can receive updates. It's just too bad that they aren't AUTOMATIC updates like every other console has, because sometimes I completely forget that you can update WiiWare games at all.

I'm extremely psyched for the DSiWare version, though. This is going to look great on my DSi XL screen.

2-D

2-D said:

Why are they on about fixing fan requests? We can't even buy it yet! :'(

HvE

HvE said:

I wonder if they'll include the "new" music from the WiiWare game, except the orignal?

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@2D: What, you WANT to buy a buggy game? I didn't finish the game I wasted $12 on BECAUSE of the bugs. Let them fix it, THEN release it.

@Malouff: I'd like to think that's one of the "fan-requested fixes." It sure as heck OUGHT to be, at any rate.

47drift

47drift said:

I sure hope the bug they're fixing is the sound of those golden triangles bouncing.

TINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTING
TINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTING
TINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTING
TINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTING
TINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTING
TINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTING
TINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTING

EdEN

EdEN said:

Hope the Wiiware update doesn't take too long since I'm waiting for ti to play my copy. Still bought it at launch.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Wow, didn't know about the game breaking bug... I actually have been saving Cave Story (already bought it) for when I had more time. Guess I'll wait for the patch now before playing it. Glad I waited...

SaqBalam

SaqBalam said:

Hey! I know that we are talking about music here... but, where did you get that incredible artwork? That isn´t the actual gameplay... it looks so great!! I have check the Nicalis site and i saw some amazing images in there too. Are these part of the things they plan to improve with the next patch? Or it is just a bug-fixing? (I have my fingers crossed)

vakama94

vakama94 said:

wierd, i haven´t experienced any game-breaking glitch, but yeah i hope they fix the music, i want to know the true new soundtrack

Marvelousmoo

Marvelousmoo said:

@Malouff
Unless I got really lucky or clearly missed something, I think the map bug is the "game-breaking bug". Personally, I think that the map is pointless. Who uses it for any reason other than to find a pair of panties in a wall.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

"for those ready to bitch"...kinda passive-aggressive douchey. When you charge 12 bucks for a simple sidescroller and it isn't perfect (considering that the original was...and 1 dude did it...and it was free...) I will bitch all day and night thank you very much. Possibly on into the next night.

That said, I'm glad the music's getting fixed. Hopefully it'll be easier not to have aural-molestation with the bouncing triangles given the static speakers (not variable like home audio setups) on the DSi. Helpful tip for Nicalis - if you listen to a game's audio before you release it, you catch things like improper looping and deafening sound effect build-up.

T1m1

T1m1 said:

in any of my playthrouths i never encounterd any game breaking glitch and i actaully did used the map outside the outer wall and balcony and my game never froze. never ran into any glitches ethier

also the Wiiware version is the same exact game as the pc version

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Maybe I didn't notice anything wrong with the game because I have only played the Curly mode. I figured I played enough as Q on the pc dozens of times.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I know a lot of people will want to shoot me for saying so, but I wish there were a Cave Story game with graphics like the ones in the picture for this article. =p

I'm not sure I'll get the DSiWare version of this or not, since I already have the WiiWare one. It's a fantastic game but I wish they would do something different with it other than porting it over and over. Sequel? Please?