King Dedede Returns in Latest Kirby's Epic Yarn Trailer

Posted by James Newton

It's hammer time

The news that Kirby's Epic Yarn won't reach Europe until 2011 tore our woollen hearts in two, but now this trailer has come along to cheer us back up again with more threadful antics.

Showing King Dedede in woolly form for the first time as well as brand new levels featuring everything from dinosaurs to huge crushing balls, it also explains a little bit more about how Kirby became so threadbare. It's all in Japanese, but you don't need to speak the language fluently to understand he tried to eat a tomato that was actually an evil wizard masquerading as a fruit.

Kirby's Epic Yarn is released in North America on October 17th and Europe in 2011.

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

not only does it look really cute, that actually looks like some really inventive platforming. Definitely on my christmas list.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

My most anticipated game of this holiday season. Can't wait to get my hands on this one again. :)

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

This looks good. I just hope it isn't as boring as Super Mario Galaxy turned out to be.

Nero

Nero said:

Definitely one of the best visually impressive games I've ever seen. And yeah it looks really fun too. Too bad we have to wait :(

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

With this and Donkey Kong, this is gonna be yet another awesome Nintendo Xmas. <(_)>

Faildude

Faildude said:

Good to see Good-Feel back. They did an awesome job on Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

The cuteness has influenced me. I'll get this for Christmas if 3DS doesn't come this year, and if it does, I still might.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Wow. The more I see it the more I can't wait to play it. Spewing we're gonna have to wait so long.

Punny

Punny said:

This game keeps looking better and better! I can't wait for October!

By the way, nice new avatar, Kirby-I mean-Corbie! :)

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

This is a Day 1 Purchase for me. I'm still waiting for Yarn Meta-Knight, though :P

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Man, I want this game. And man, I hate NoE. Instead of giving us Epic Yarn, they give us ELLE A TABLE and other non-games. And European DSiWare isn't half as good as American DSiWare. "Finally, another DSiWare release! I wonder what it could be! Aura-Aura Climber, Thorium War- oh, it's another Where's Wally Travel Pack. Yay." Why can't I be American? Okay, rant over. EPIC YARN FTW!

Aronos

Aronos said:

The only fear I have of this game is that fact that it might be really easy. I know kirby games aren't that challenging, but they also tend to be on the easy side of gaming. Also, I wonder what kind of replay value this game will have since kirby games tend to not have much of that either.
Oh well, I'm still going to get the game since kirby games are awesome!

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

Y'know, I simply don't understand how a game like this can be topped. But
it was. Twice. The same day. (With new Epic Mickey info and DKCR at E3)

Funky_Gamer

Funky_Gamer said:

Looks too smooth. Never seen such beautiful animation (I guess thats what I will call it) in a game. Maybe not even a movie!

B-ry

B-ry said:

Saw this on reddit and it sums up exactly how I feel about this game. DANCING KIRBY :D <( ' ' )> (>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<) and repeat... <( ' ' )> (>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<) <( ' ' )> (>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<) <( ' ' )> (>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<) <( ' ' )> (>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<) <( ' ' )> (>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<) <( ' ' )> (>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<) <( ' ' )> (>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<) <( ' ' )> (>' ')> <( ' ' )> <(' '<)

Pod

Pod said:

This game keeps looking better and better!
Incidentally, it's the first time that I would actually kind of wish the Wii could output HD, as the fabric textures could look even more vibrant and real in a higher resolution. :)

MrB4

MrB4 said:

Cannot wait to play this one, I have been a big fan of Kirby since I was a kid.