Jett Rocket Developer Flooring It For FAST - Racing League

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Shin'en Multimedia shifts gears for its next project

Shin'en Multimedia is on a WiiWare hot streak. After the impressive puzzler Art of Balance and platformer Jett Rocket, the German development studio is in a good position to score a service hat trick.

Today the studio revealed its next project, a futuristic racer called FAST - Racing League. Details are few and far between, but Shin'en managing director Manfred Linzer told us that it's not just a simple WipEout clone nor a kart racer.

The slogan on the game's official Web site states "Shift your phase," and the ship art hints at a color/phase-changing mechanic, possibly similar to the one found in Treasure's shoot-em-up Ikaruga.

Given the crazy magicks that Shin'en used to push WiiWare in its past releases, we can at least reasonably expect a technologically impressive game. Stay tuned for Nintendo Life for more on FAST.

[via fast.shinen.com]

Punny

Punny said:

Hopefully, it will be a beautiful game that looks as good as it plays, just like Jett Rocket. :)

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Oh my! I'm a bit sad that it isn't Nanostray, but a WipEout for Wiiware? YES PLEASE!

PS: If someone at Shin'En needs a soundtrack for this one, gimme a call!

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Aren't racing games still pretty much an instant sales success on WiiWare?

pixelman

pixelman said:

Awesome! Hope it's like F-Zero meets Mario Kart. Oh, and online multiplayer please!

ArmoredGoomba

ArmoredGoomba said:

I'm interested. Basically if it's a futuristic racer with great track design and cool cars. I'm sold.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I really enjoyed Wipeout and Wipeout XL on the old Playstation, so this is something I could see picking up for sure if it's even remotely similar.

i8cookie

i8cookie said:

it does look exactly like wipeout, but if there's some game mechanic that makes it stand out on it own and its fun then great! If nintendo cant be bothered to make fzero, then let someone else try!

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'll keep an eye on this. F-Zero GX is a tough one to knock off the pedestal, so I won't let myself believe this WiiWare game can de-throne it single-handed, but I'll at least approach it with an open mind. Can wait to hear/see more on it...

Splat

Splat said:

If there is online play then I will be interested, will wait and see.

RowdyRodimus

RowdyRodimus said:

Sorry, I'm not being negative here, but is this not the most generic title you have ever heard for a game? It sounds like a Yahtzee parody title from a review.

thaantman

thaantman said:

Not much details, but i'm already looking forward to this, just comparing this to wipeout was enough to get me on board

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Shin'en's last few games really impressed me so I have high hopes for this one. I'm still waiting for a new Nanostray so I hope that they are reading this. Nanostray on the 3DS; just imagine how awesome that would be.:)