Disney Announces Epic Mickey Release Dates, Delivers New Trailer

Posted by Zach Kaplan

See the mouse become the epic hero he was always meant to be

Disney has just announced that their hotly anticipated Wii title Disney Epic Mickey will hit store shelves in the United Kingdom on November 26th and North America on November 30th. You can also watch their new trailer below.

Warren Spector, general manager and creative director of Disney Interactive Studios’ Junction Point in Austin, said of the title:

I believe that video games tell stories as deep and as sophisticated as movies, books or any other medium. In Disney Epic Mickey, Mickey Mouse is faced with challenges worthy of a hero, while the players’ actions and their decisions throughout the game alter the gameworld. We are honoured and humbled by the anticipation for Disney Epic Mickey, and we could not be more excited to get the game in people’s hands so that they can experience the thrill of becoming a hero and controlling their own destiny.

We'll be bringing you a lot more information on the title soon, so make sure to keep your browser set to Nintendo Life!

irken004

irken004 said:

Do want, but I'll wait for reviews. Goldeneye is going to be my November purchase ;)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

My most wanted game this holiday season is Kirby's Epic Yarn but this game is an extremely close second. I can't wait for this!:)

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Awesome trailer. The levels look stunning, and seeing Mickey fighting a robotic Captain Hook confirms that the boss battles will really be something.

Punny

Punny said:

This game keeps looking better and better. This game will make the term "a Mickey Mouse (insert anything here)" seem positive. :D

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

GAAHHH! I really want this, but I also really want Goldeneye...and Scribblenauts...and Donkey Kong and Kirby and LittleBigPlanet2 :(
My poor wallet...

Daisaku36

Daisaku36 said:

I'm waiting for reviews on this one. It looks like it could be great, coming from Warren Spector...

Crunc

Crunc said:

Kirby's Epic Yarn is on a level of it's own. It's my #1 most anticipated game. However, Epic Mickey is looking pretty great too. I'm looking forward to it and hope it lives up to our expectations.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Nice. I'm liking this the more I see, even though the game play still seems average from what I've seen/heard from others. I haven't been interested in a Mickey game or a Disney one rather since Capcom lost the license to it. I love the concept of it and how it strips away the raped appearance of mickey from modern times.

I also love the ambiguous cover, and hope they do use it. Of course, I live in America, where you have to be Rambo-hardcore to sell at all, which is why Kirby is turned into a bad-ass and the Spirit Tracks cover is bland. It's like Hybrid Rain, how great it looks in Europe with just the origami and rain, yet in America all that is lost to add tits and a gun to appease the hardcorz.