Classic Mario DS Games Get Reprints at Toys 'R' Us

Posted by James Newton

Mario Hoops, Super Princess Peach and Partners in Time

So it's Mario's 25th anniversary and everyone's after a piece of the plumber, particularly fans of portable gaming, but some titles can be hard to find. That's why it's good news that Toys 'R' Us has secured a wad of brand new versions of Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Super Princess Peach and Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

The latter two are retailing at $34.99 each while Hoops is going for $29.99, and all available for a limited time only. You can either purchase from your local store or grab via the Toys 'R' Us website. Stocks are likely to be limited, so you may want to get a move on.

[via gonintendo.com]

Related Games

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

What makes these different is availability. They've all been discontinued for quite some time and tend to go for a bit too much used. It's anybody's guess why the heck Nintendo would give Toys R Us an exclusive on this, though.:P

Shugo

Shugo said:

Awesome, I had my Super Princess Peach stolen from me a while back. Is it really thirty-five bucks again, though? They couldn't have knocked that down just a tad...?

turtlelink

turtlelink said:

I would buy Super Princess Peach if they could have just put the price down a bit. That game was fun when i played it though.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Shugo: You're kidding, right? This is Nintendo we're talking about.:P

You shouldn't complain too much anyway...GameStop wants $35 for Super Princess Peach USED, it's so rare. Same for Partners in Time. Mario Hoops goes for $28 used.

Yasume

Yasume said:

Lol, that's still way too expensive. I'm going to buy Mario Hoops 3 on 3 used for €5,-, thank you.

Natie31

Natie31 said:

This price not bad but could have been better. Mario & luigi partners in time amazon.com have it for over $80 bucks.

SuperMarioFan96

SuperMarioFan96 said:

Never got into Partners In Time for some reason, yet at the same time Bowser's Inside Story is my favorite DS game. Partner's In Time isn't bad, it just wasn't great, IMO.
I can sense how much you care.

zionich

zionich said:

I get Nintendo makes great first party games, but I do wonder why they never seem to have significant price drops.

I liked Bowsers Inside Story more also.

Wiilicious

Wiilicious said:

I already buy Partner in time and SP Peach used for about 25-30$ each bcs they were out of print.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

This is great news for those who don't have these games yet. As for me, I bought Hoops and Partners in Time when they came out and recently found Super Princess Peach used for 25 bucks so this holds no significance to me :P

Punny

Punny said:

I like that Nintendo is reprinting these games. I'm surprised that they didn't reprint Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, but then again, Mini-Land Mayhem! is coming out in November. :)

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Woah partners in time is worth lots of moneys? Maybe i should sell this when it becomes rare again! :3 was a crappy game compared to SS and BIS

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

@ballkirby..... play-asia.com you can somtimes find that here for a decent price.

@Stuffy.... I think the reason they are doing this is because Toys R Us has been doing Amazing sells with video games. Most every week they are running a Buy One get One Half Off, or get a in store gift card for buying certain games. Ive been doing a lot of buisness with them myself lately.

If anybody hasnt gotten there hands on the incredible Partners in Time... this is the time to do it, I think I shelled out like $50 for it, and it was worth every penny I paid for it.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Hmm. I may get Partners. But I really want a reprint of Prime Hunters.
@XD There's nothing different, these games were discoutinued, but now they're reprinted.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I bought Princess Peach way back when. Funny story I ordered the Japanese version from now defunct Lik-Sang after reading a comment in a forum that it would never release in the US. Five months later by the time the package arrived, I already had the US version :P It is super cool and It's a fun game - nothing else quite like it... Sad it was discontinued :'( You'll be lucky finding it used for less than $50.

Oh, and if you're into retro goodness, try to hunt down the original Tetris DS, not the new crappy Tetris Party. The original Tetris DS version is crammed with retro goodies and all sorts of 8-bit nostalgia, but it's Über scarce now ;)

@Xkhaoz: I have the original Prime Hunters demo cart that was bundled with my launch DS phatty. Probably not worth much. I never could get into 1st person shooters, much as I tried...

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

The only one there that I don't own is Mario Hoops 3-on-3... looks like I'll be cutting down my comic order for this week. Sorry, Ultimate Universe, but you were on notice to begin with!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

oh awesome, this means i can finally replace that stupid counterfeit copy i accidentally bought from eBay and maybe play PiT again, yay~

i don't think i'll be picking up SPP again, though. it was just far too easy, and i already traded in my completed cart a while back because i knew i'd never play it again, lol.

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

YES! Partners in Time is my all-time favorite Mario and Luigi game!
Although I just bought it on ebay for 4 dollars. Too late, T'R'U.

Super Princess Peach looks fun, but $35!? Heels naw.

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i didn't get a chance to get Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time so i may now but at toys r us i'll have to take some buses to get there thats no fun

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I never got around to playing Super Princess Peach, so this could be something to consider. However, with all the new games coming out this year, I don't know if I really want to buy it.

Birdman

Birdman said:

Ahem ...

WHY TOYS R US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they're still there for the holiday season, I may get Partners in Time.

KyubiStewie

KyubiStewie said:

The prices haven't changed at all. So why is Toy "R" Us calling this a sale if there's no discount?

The reprints should have been a Nintendo World exclusive, just like Electroplankton. But then again, I'm upstate because I'm at College. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy the re-prints at my hometown [NYC] :'(

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Toys'R'Us have a great deal on the Black Wii. You can get it with SSBB, WSR and Motion+ for £130.

3Daniel

3Daniel said:

I just purchased SPP at gamestop. it was listed for 39 and change but my edge card knocked it back down to 34. just ordered M&L:PiT ! thanx for the tip. I have been looking everywhere for this game. I lost mine when the floods took the apartment.

motang

motang said:

$35 for old games is a bit too much, but hey I am sure they will sell.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Sweet, I'll make sure to grab Princess Peach this time!:D BTW, $35 isn't much more than it goes for used, and new copies can cost over $45. I'm not complaining about this price.

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

That "The princess saves herself" t-shirt is so cool! :D

I've been meaning to get a copy of "Super Princess Peach". I'll keep an eye out for a copy when I next go to ToysRus.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

@Shugo: Someone has stole your Princess :O

My Sis has Super Princess Peach,
Its a Fun game, but its really short,.Looks alot like, the same makers of Yoshi's Island 2, on The DS, Same type of art Style.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

Eww, no thanks. I already played Partners in Time once and sold it off, and I was certainly not impressed nearly enough to buy it again.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Super Princess Peach and Partners in Time were total no-brainers for re-release...no idea why they tacked Mario Hoops on there, though. I'm glad a lot of people who missed out before they got stupid rare and expensive will finally get to play the games.:)

Oh, and to detail the reason for the price (in case some of the complainers don't know): Nintendo had adopted a "games are worth what they're worth and it makes no sense for the price to decrease over time" official stance. IMO, this is mainly a ploy to rake in more moolah and avoid Player's Choice releases, but it seems to be working well enough for the company to not back off. They've sold record-breaking numbers of copies of games at the original price point, after all. On the other hand, some games get discontinued without a price drop that would've sold great for less, so it's definitely an imperfect system.:(

DiggerandIndy

DiggerandIndy said:

@6 I agree. I could probably find the games on Amazon for a little bit cheaper. None of the games have gone the way of EarthBound yet.

Ramandus

Ramandus said:

I don't know if they are reprints, everytime I have gone to Toys R Us for the past year, I have seen copies of Super Princess Peach. I think its because people don't buy these games at Toys R Us but through Gamestop or Best Buy.

Ron22

Ron22 said:

I got Super Scribblenauts, Picross 3D, and GTA: Chinatown Wars to worry about. This is a good deal, but I have to pass. Sorry, Nintendo. lrn2pricedrop.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Man, just after I spent the last year or so getting these hard to find games they are back in print! I guess there goes the rarity value of them. I still have a sealed DK Jungle Climber so hopefully that one will last a bit longer, but it is good to have these games out again. Hoops is fun but hard, super princess peach is awesome, and PIT sucks big time! It is sooooo repetitive and boring it felt a chore just to play it. I gave my friend 20 bucks for it a few years back and even that felt too much because he hated it also.

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

wait... PiT was rare and expensive? Well its not like i like selling my games anyways...

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

Might go ahead and grab Mario Hoops and Super Princess Peach. Wasn't a big fan of Partners in Time to be honest.

I had Mario Hoops before but it was stolen.

A1234

A1234 said:

@#3&28 - it is because Toys R Us is the world's largest toy retailer. they also own etoys.com, toys.com, fao schwarz and kb toys.

I want all 3, but will wait for a price drop or sale.

did not know that Super Princess Peach was out-of-print and rare. my Tru location always had a copy of the game.

@#30 - the sale is buy over $100 worth of Mario products and get a free $25 gift card. btw, the gift card is a special edition and only for this sale.

YoshiSage

YoshiSage said:

I'll be taking advantage of this. I won't be buying any copies of Hoops 3 on 3, though. Never appealed to me.

WHERE'S MY REPRINTS OF FIRE EMBLEM RADIANT DAWN DAMMIT. Mine crashed so long ago, I NEED IT BACK. NOW.

sykotek

sykotek said:

I dunno, I don't think there are reprints. I've visited Toys R Us on an almost weekly basis for the last 6-8 months and I've seen these games available on their shelves for as long as I can remember. Its just that no one buys them. I already have all of them. This may be just existing stock and they are just advertising to coincide with the Mario 25th anniversary.

Bones00

Bones00 said:

Thanks for letting us know about these reprints. My copies of Super Princess Peach and Mario Hoops have been ordered from toysrus.com. I've owned Partners in Time since it's release. I have been a big fan of Super Mario RPGs since...Super Mario RPG!

Objection

Objection said:

Reprints are always great but I'll stick with bargain shopping, none of those are worth full retail IMO.

Metroid133

Metroid133 said:

Hmm...Mario games, Mario figures, and Mario shirts.....I may have to go to Toys 'R' Us this week. :D

Steamboat_Willie

Steamboat_Willie said:

Nice. Looks like I'm going to TRU tomorrow to pick up Partners in Time. And I used to have Super Princess Peach, but I gave it away to my niece after I finished it.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I'll buy out the whole entire store's inventory of all things Mario :)