BIT.TRIP FATE Revealed at PAX

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It's bullet hell BIT.TRIP!

Gaijin Games finally unveiled their newest BIT.TRIP release BIT.TRIP FATE this morning at the PAX 2010 show in Seattle and the bullets were flying.

After taking the series into the platforming realm last trip out with BIT.TRIP RUNNER, FATE propels CommanderVideo straight into on-rail bullet hell.

You can check out the game's official trailer below, along with a gallery of 12 brand new screenshots. We'll also have a full preview of the game later this afternoon to give you a better idea of what you can expect when this fifth BIT.TRIP iteration hits the WiiWare service.

[via youtube.com]

Yasume

Yasume said:

Amazing, can't say anything else. This will probably even beat Runner.

NeoRausch

NeoRausch said:

the hell.....?! The bullet hell?!?!?! :P
and typicall....it's on rails!! god i hate that stuff!

no, for real....alex and his team deliver as always. can't wait to get my hands and that one!

i guess alex is still very "eifersüchtig" of my classic controller pro! ;)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Another game I can't put down. I'll never get any work done now. Thanks a lot Gaijin Games. :D

thaantman

thaantman said:

Gaijin Games owns wiiware, already 5 games on the service, I only own beat and void (core doesnt interest me, and just havent had a chance to get runner yet) definitely getting fate.Gaijin are what wiiware should be all about, great quality games, at a good low price

Kaeobais

Kaeobais said:

Wow, that looks awesome. I really hope there's co-op again. A shooter is the perfect opportunity.

Adam

Adam said:

I can't stop watching this. I'm really curious how this'll interact with the music. Looks like it'll have to be more Void-like, which is fine by me, but it's hard to tell. I, too, hope there is co-op once again. It was very much missed in Runner, though taking turns is still fun. Gaijin, where can I send my hugs?

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

I love Runner for world's 1 and 2 and the Pitfall inspired Retro Bonus stages...But THIS looks intense! And I'm guessing you control CommanderVideo's movements with the Analog stick and use the Wii Pointer controls for aiming and firing? Anyways this looks BRILLIANT.

That clip at the end of the video with that boss looked very impressive :D

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

You would guess correctly. You move CommanderVideo left and right using the analog stick and control the direction of fire by using the pointer reticle.

SuperMarioFan96

SuperMarioFan96 said:

@Corbie Do you have a demo of the game, and if so, how much is already there? Is it done already? (that would make me very happy :D ).

EDIT: Or are you just at PAX?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Yeah I have a preview build of the game as I wasn't able to attend PAX this year. The game looks and feels pretty far along and has a nice level of polish to it. Not sure if it's finished or not though. I'm writing up the preview now and it should be up later this afternoon. :)

Adam

Adam said:

Corbie, since the commander only moves left and right (well, on the line), is there no option to just use the D-pad on the Wii remote? Or is there more to the control scheme that requires nunchuk? Not a big deal, but I prefer not to mess with extensions unless I absolutely have to.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

You have to have either the Nunchuck and Wii Remote or the Classic Controller. Using the Classic Controller is a nice spin on it, which removes the targeting reticle and instead uses the right analog stick to control the direction of fire while the left stick moves CommanderVideo along the rail line.

Supermegaman

Supermegaman said:

I guess its a good opportunity to try a shump for the first time, this looks positively spiffy :P

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

I AM ONLY A STUNNED MAN :O

Edit: Does that read "Giga" in some of the screenshots? How would that fit in the Hyper Mega Super Ultra Extra lineup?

Edit2: It also looks like you only take damage if the plus icon in the middle of CommanderVideo is hit.

DrCruse

DrCruse said:

Looks like a bit trip Sin and Punishment. And the classic controller control scheme looks a lot like Robotron 2084.

hylianhalcyon

hylianhalcyon said:

Wow, this looks to be the most visually impressive one yet. I rate the series with Beat as first and the rest tied for second, I can't wait to see how this one shapes up.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

It would be appreciated if you could give me a timeframe for the preview so I stop constantly refreshing the site. :P

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

So Corbie, are you digging it more than Runner?
Again, I absolutely loved Runner during the first 2 worlds but world 3 just left a bad taste in my mouth...Anyways with Fate, I suspect another 10 :p

BlueBandanaJake

BlueBandanaJake said:

I hope they get Anamanaguchi to do another song for the title screen, the song they did for Runner, Blackout City, was awesome (like all of their other songs).

It goes without saying, I cant wait for this, I have the other 4 games and love them to (very frequent and frustrating) death(s).

Mystic_Kirby

Mystic_Kirby said:

Every BIT.TRIP game features a different chiptune artist. Anamanaguchi already starred in RUNNER, and Minusbaby is featured in FATE.
Did I mention this game looks absolutely sick?

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

Oh look! It's "Bit & Punishment!" While Runner is my favorite in the series so far, this game looks fan-freaking-tastic, and may even be the most challenging yet.

Adam

Adam said:

This is already my favorite. I'm sure it'll be even better once I've played it.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

The only WiiWare game that could ever destroy the aniticipation for FATE would be Mega Man 11 ;)

MuljoStpho

MuljoStpho said:

It's bullet hell BIT.TRIP!

Ew...

Sure, I'll probably still get it anyway because I like this series. (Core and Runner in particular were great.) But I usually don't care for that style of gameplay.

On the plus side, the "on-a-rail" aspect almost makes it look more accessible than the typical bullet hell game.
wb, dude, and don't forget the 'edit' link above your comments if you made a mistake ;) -- TBD

shallow13

shallow13 said:

...so its called FATE cuz u are fated to follow the rail...ehhh idk this is kinda weird