Sabarasa Blasts Us with Horizon Riders Trailer

Posted by James Newton

WiiWare shooter looking sweet

Last month we brought you word on Horizon Riders, an upcoming rail shooter from Sabarasa Games. Now the team has sent over the latest trailer showing off more footage from the title, and it's shaping up to be a thrilling ride.

Wii Balance Board support is confirmed, allowing you to lean from side-to-side to steer your character, which when teamed with the Wii Zapper should help to create an immersive and unique shooter. Reminiscent of classic shooters including REZ, Star Fox and Sin and Punishment, this one's showing some real promise. We'll have more on this one as it develops.

Oregano

Oregano said:

Wow, looks much improved. Might have to get this....(I'm going to be poor with all these games) :( or :D?

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

They had me at Balance Board support. I need reason to dust off that peripheral and this (plus Shaun White Skateboarding) may be just what I need. I just hope they tweek the optional balance board controls to near perfection before the game ships. Don't wanna be disappointed like with that Hudson developed Snowboard Riot.

sykotek

sykotek said:

3/4 Green Goblins prefer playing Horizon RIders to murdering Spider-man! ...Norman is, as of this time, still undecided on which he prefers.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I'm liking the look. If it gets a good review, I'll pick it up. The more reasons I have to use the peripherals I have laying around the TV, the better.

Imerion

Imerion said:

Looks quite interesting and might be good. But why no second player? It should be easy to add another player to the game. As long as it's a real player that can move around and not just another reticle it could be fun.

SolarJetman

SolarJetman said:

This looks like fun, but regardless of whether or not it delivers, more games should be incorporating the balance board like this.

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

is it just me, or did he just fly into the core of the Death Star at the end of that video?

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

Really, really needs 2P.
Add in 2P like Sin & Punishment and I'm there otherwise...I have way too many 1P games that I haven't finished to pick up another one.
It always stuns me when rail-shooters don't add a second player, even if it horribly unbalances the game, it is so much more fun to play with a second player that it makes up for it, and people can always play alone if they want.
1P controlling and shooting, and 2P just shooting (ala Skycrawlers/Sin & Punishment/Medal of Honor) would be a welcome/necessary addition for me :).

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Hmph, first I heard and saw of this. Intriguing to say the least, Sin and Punishment on a balance board might not be a bad idea. We'll see how this shapes up...

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Sabarasa are the guys who are creating the lame game "Atrévete a Soñar" and the interesting but competed game "AAA: Héroes del Ring" for mexican market. (I hope NLife do a review of both when they come).

Rerun

Rerun said:

Mixed emotions on my end. Until I get some hands-on, I don't think I'll be spending points on this title.