Podcast: NLFM Episode 8: Have You Heard Captain Falcon's Theme Song?
Posted by Jon Wahlgren
If you haven't then you're in for a real treat
Some video game themes are so iconic that it's impossible to not recognize where they're from, even if you haven't touched the game in years.
While we're not saying his theme song is up there in the annals of game music legend, after this episode of NLFM, we're pretty confident that you won't look at the punchestest F-Zero pilot to ever punch in quite the same way.
In case you've missed out on the fun so far, NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight chip musicians and albums we really like.
Coming at you live and loud in the ocho:
1. Riei Saitō - Subetenohitoe (Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon) (iTunes US)
2. Anamanaguchi - Densmore (Aurora)
3. Gaijin Games - Strength (BIT.TRIP RUNNER) (iTunes US)
4. Radixxs - Thrive
5. Graeme Norgate - Mexican Mission (TimeSplitters 2)
6. Robin Beanland, Alistair Lindsay, Graeme Norgate - Mizar's Palace (Jet Force Gemini)
7. Kenji Yamamoto, Minako Hamano - Mother Brain (Super Metroid)
8. Daiki Kasho, Alan Brey - Captain Falcon (F-Zero GX/AX OST)
To avoid the gnashing of teeth that comes with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!), so show the podcasts some love as there is plenty more good stuff lined up for the future.
Also be sure to send in your contributions, requests and what have you to help make NLFM way more rad.