Official Shantae: Risky's Revenge Site Updated

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Could this mean a release is coming soon?

Wayforward has completely updated their Official Shantae: Risky's Revenge Site for all of you Shantae fans to check out.

It was actually one of our members that discovered the site a few weeks back, but now the site has a bit more content on it, including the game's official gameplay trailer.

We'll keep you posted on any new developments regarding Shantae: Risky's Revenge, and we'll have a full review of the game shortly after it hits the DSiWare service.

From the web

Punny said:

Please don't make us wait any longer, WayForward. I want my Shantae and I want it SOON!

I hate to admit it, but I have never played the Game Boy Color Shantae, and I'm not willing to watch the spoiler-tastic playthrough on the website.

irken004 said:

I haven't either PunnyGuy. As of right now, this is the only DSiware game I'm looking forward too.
DSiware's quality has been down the drain lately

MasterGraveheart said:

Yes... Yes... YES!!! Please come out soon! I've been a good boy!

As someone who hunted down the GBC game tirelessly, this will be a wait long worth it.

(I am in the minority in those who have played and still own the original, aren't I? Lol)

SonicMaster said:

I, too, have never experienced Shantae on GBC. I also don't get points cards for my DSi too often. Too many VC/WiiWare games on my list.

Stuffgamer1 said:

I'm pretty sure that just about anyone would rather actually play the game than watch a playthrough. There will always be exceptions, of course, but I still find it a poor substitute for game availability. Hopefully, they'll eventually find a way (be it remake or VH) to get the original game into the hands of the masses.

I must say, I AM impressed by how many people who've never played the original are looking forward to the sequel. If the sales follow through, a remake might even be plausible!

CanisWolfred said:

Gawd, these guys hold out on us more than Peach holds out on Mario. Just give us the game already.

YoshiSage said:

Stick me in the boat with those who never experienced the GBC original. And I thought I was the only one in that boat. Now I'm so excited for this sequel, I want to take back my pledge not to buy any DSiWare games, and instead buy future 3DSWare games, even though I don't know if 3DSWare would have the same games on it as DSiWare. Sigh.

she is HOT...

YAY!! I hope this comes out Monday. Then the Monday after that Rytmik comes out! We could have a really good 2 weeks. Or if they both came out the same day we could have an UBER GOOD WEEK
Also, I agree Yoshisage. She is indeed HAWT

Stuffgamer1 said:

@JumpMad: No, they simply handled publishing duties for the GBC original. It appears that WayForward retained IP rights in that deal, to the great benefit of the fans.

20thPaul said:

Could I have an OH MY with a side of GOD?! This is great news! Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer...

LordJumpMad said:

I don't get the Hype for the new Shantae Game, it just a DSiware Platformer, and there really short games

TheBaconator said:

With the announcement of the 3DS the only thing I've been using my XL for is as a paper weight, and this game isn't going to change that, although I do like WayForward this game just seems like a basic platformer to me...

CanisWolfred said:

Well, some of us have been waiting to see Shantae in action since they announced the Game Boy Advance version in 2003. At this point, something is better than nothing.

ErrorSupply said:

"just another platformer"!? Anyone who says this clearly hasn't played the original yet. And as far as length, last I heard it will be episodic, so it should surpass the usual bite sized DSiWare titles.

MeloMan said:

I wanted to play the original but was already playing other games and gearing up for the GBA those days (IIRC), so I missed out. Al I can say is 3. MasterGraveheart, your hyped and dedicated anticipation has made me shoot this to the upper list of "must have for dsi" as I wasn't going to think about Shantae ever again, lol, but here I am waiting on it... Don't let me down, man!

RadioShadow said:

This looks like it will be one for eh best DSi games! If it does turn out to be really, really good, I'll have to try and find a cheap DSi.

J_K said:

If it wasn't for the $5 luck grab of an excellent condition copy of the game a little over a week ago locally of the original I wouldn't care about this, but now I do too. It's a uniquely fun platforming title with some interesting dungeon layouts.

Stuffgamer1 said:

The more I play the original (which I bought some time ago but didn't really get very far in and am now pushing through to completion), the more I really, REALLY wish it had a Metroid-style in-game map feature. I'm trying to find some hope for such a feature in Risky's Revenge, but I'm not having much luck searching online. Anybody heard anything I might've missed?