Official Shantae: Risky's Revenge Site Updated

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Could this mean a release is coming soon?

Wayforward has completely updated their Official Shantae: Risky's Revenge Site for all of you Shantae fans to check out.

It was actually one of our members that discovered the site a few weeks back, but now the site has a bit more content on it, including the game's official gameplay trailer.

We'll keep you posted on any new developments regarding Shantae: Risky's Revenge, and we'll have a full review of the game shortly after it hits the DSiWare service.

Punny

Punny said:

Please don't make us wait any longer, WayForward. I want my Shantae and I want it SOON!

I hate to admit it, but I have never played the Game Boy Color Shantae, and I'm not willing to watch the spoiler-tastic playthrough on the website.

irken004

irken004 said:

I haven't either PunnyGuy. As of right now, this is the only DSiware game I'm looking forward too.
DSiware's quality has been down the drain lately

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Yes... Yes... YES!!! Please come out soon! I've been a good boy!

As someone who hunted down the GBC game tirelessly, this will be a wait long worth it.

(I am in the minority in those who have played and still own the original, aren't I? Lol)

SonicMaster

SonicMaster said:

I, too, have never experienced Shantae on GBC. I also don't get points cards for my DSi too often. Too many VC/WiiWare games on my list. :P

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I'm pretty sure that just about anyone would rather actually play the game than watch a playthrough. There will always be exceptions, of course, but I still find it a poor substitute for game availability. Hopefully, they'll eventually find a way (be it remake or VH) to get the original game into the hands of the masses.

I must say, I AM impressed by how many people who've never played the original are looking forward to the sequel. If the sales follow through, a remake might even be plausible!:D

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Gawd, these guys hold out on us more than Peach holds out on Mario. Just give us the game already.:(

YoshiSage

YoshiSage said:

Stick me in the boat with those who never experienced the GBC original. And I thought I was the only one in that boat. :P Now I'm so excited for this sequel, I want to take back my pledge not to buy any DSiWare games, and instead buy future 3DSWare games, even though I don't know if 3DSWare would have the same games on it as DSiWare. Sigh.

she is HOT...

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

YAY!! I hope this comes out Monday. Then the Monday after that Rytmik comes out! :) We could have a really good 2 weeks. Or if they both came out the same day we could have an UBER GOOD WEEK :)
Also, I agree Yoshisage. She is indeed HAWT ;)

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@JumpMad: No, they simply handled publishing duties for the GBC original. It appears that WayForward retained IP rights in that deal, to the great benefit of the fans.:)

20thPaul

20thPaul said:

Could I have an OH MY with a side of GOD?! :D This is great news! Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer... :(

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

I don't get the Hype for the new Shantae Game, it just a DSiware Platformer, and there really short games

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

With the announcement of the 3DS the only thing I've been using my XL for is as a paper weight, and this game isn't going to change that, although I do like WayForward this game just seems like a basic platformer to me...

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@JumpMad

Well, some of us have been waiting to see Shantae in action since they announced the Game Boy Advance version in 2003.:P At this point, something is better than nothing.

ErrorSupply

ErrorSupply said:

"just another platformer"!? Anyone who says this clearly hasn't played the original yet. And as far as length, last I heard it will be episodic, so it should surpass the usual bite sized DSiWare titles.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I wanted to play the original but was already playing other games and gearing up for the GBA those days (IIRC), so I missed out. Al I can say is 3. MasterGraveheart, your hyped and dedicated anticipation has made me shoot this to the upper list of "must have for dsi" as I wasn't going to think about Shantae ever again, lol, but here I am waiting on it... Don't let me down, man! :)

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

This looks like it will be one for eh best DSi games! If it does turn out to be really, really good, I'll have to try and find a cheap DSi. :)

J_K

J_K said:

If it wasn't for the $5 luck grab of an excellent condition copy of the game a little over a week ago locally of the original I wouldn't care about this, but now I do too. It's a uniquely fun platforming title with some interesting dungeon layouts.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

The more I play the original (which I bought some time ago but didn't really get very far in and am now pushing through to completion), the more I really, REALLY wish it had a Metroid-style in-game map feature. I'm trying to find some hope for such a feature in Risky's Revenge, but I'm not having much luck searching online. Anybody heard anything I might've missed?