Now You Can Follow Shantae Wherever You Are

Posted by James Newton

Via Twitter, that is

The wait for Shantae: Risky's Revenge is proving too much to bear for some. If you're one of those folks desperate to get their hands on the genie's goods, you might want to direct some of your enthusiasm and impatience to the official Shantae Twitter account.

As you'd expect, the genie's first tweets have been explaining there's no solid release date for the title and assuring gamers that WayForward is hard at work polishing the game up. Does that make the wait any easier? We'll leave that for you to decide.

Birdman

Birdman said:

I might need to get a Twitter account now and ask all of my stupid questions I have to them :)

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

They're taking their time with this one, but if it makes the game better, then it's fine with me. I wonder how long it'll be before MasterGraveheart shows up.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'd rather them take their time and get it right. We've waited this long for a new Shantae release, what's a little longer gonna hurt? :)

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

'waited too long' my foot... if we get it tomorrow and it's full of bugs, everyone would complain that they hadn't bothered to work them out before release, but if they take another six months to work everything out, they'll complain it takes too long. the only way for devs to win is obviously to not give out any information until the day before it hits, because impatient people are only going to make the wait that much more unbearable for the rest of us with all the whining. :|

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

And I just got my Twitter account... for my website. Maybe I'll make some Shantae crossover comics to kill some time?

Iggy

Iggy said:

I hope they take there sweet time even tho im not hyped up for this game like some. We need more dsiware games that are actually games not like flashgames or pick up and play games. Hopefully this game turns out good but i kno sense ppl hype it up way to much there going to be left dissapointed reguardless if its good or not.

Punny

Punny said:

They should get things perfected, but they should at least hint a release date that is more revealing than just "Winter 2010."

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

Ah well. "Winter 2010" is still better than the Guild Wars 2 release date: when it's finished. :p

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

IMO, a game is never finished. Developers can spend as long as they want producing the game, and then even longer after that perfecting it. When it gets released, there will always be something more that could have been added, improved or refined. Even given the limitations of current technology.

Junior117

Junior117 said:

Well while I'm waiting, I'll just play Metroid: Other M (when it comes out tomorrow) and Mighty Flip Champs to keep me occupied.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

@Bass_X0: Isn't that opinion up to the gamer, 9 times out of 10 though? They're/we're always the first to complain about something.

PS: Shantae's following me! Uber-happy! =P

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

So they got a twitter to tell us that the game is taking longer? Man, they love to rub it in :P

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

Yay, Shantae is following me!

And Graveheart, are you nuts?! Putting her against the WWE? :P

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. O.O

RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur said:

Don't worry folks, Shantae will be here sooner than you think. I've e-mail my complaint directly to Matt Bozon and I was blessed with a kind and encouraging response.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Ironing out bugs would be a good thing to do, if the game's complete. If not, I hope they still iron out most game hindering bugs.

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

Can't wait for this game. But Wayforward IS quite busy right now, what with multiple SKUs of Batman: Brave and the Bold to iron out (which looks fantastic). So I can be patient. But man, this new Shantae is gonna rule....!