Nintendo Download 25th August 2010 (Japan)

Posted by Sean Aaron

The Wii takes a break with just two new DSiWare games as the only downloads next week

Apparently Nintendo has nothing new up their sleeve for the Wii at the end of August – odd, considering the 2nd week of the month was a holiday and we still haven't seen Mario Tennis published, which was previously announced for release this month.

In any event, Japanese DSi owners have the following two games to look forward to next Wednesday – even if neither of them strictly qualifies as "new."

DSiWare

G.G. Series Chō Hero Ōga 2 (200pts - Genterprise) -- Following on from the release of their uber-mini collection G.G. Series Collection+ (preview still pending - we're working on it!), Genterprise and Suzak have decided continue the series by releasing sequels to those games. When the G.G. Series will end is anyone's guess, but if they can manage to make compelling changes as was the case with G.G. Series Z・ONE 2, we're not going to complain. We've previewed every one of the series released on DSiWare thus far and this one will be no exception as the first Super Hero Ogre was a quality beat-em-up.

Check out our G.G. Series Chō Hero Ōga preview if you haven't already, and if you like what you read take heart because it's one of a handful of the original series Genterprise have decided to publish outside of Japan.

Arc Style: Zekkyō Genshinin Sam no Daibōken (800pts - Arc System Works) -- Arc System Works is continuing their shamelessly-titled Arc Style series with another import: the prehistoric platformer known to the rest of us as Prehistorik Man. We weren't terribly impressed with it, but it could be that Arc System Works have worked out the bugs and improved the performance of this prehistoric platforming port. Read our Prehistorik Man review and see if you want to take a chance!

Related Games

Punny

Punny said:

No games on Wii and Prehistorik Man!? I'm sorry for you, Japan.

NGpenguin

NGpenguin said:

poor japan poeplez but they do get most games a year ealier than Americans (not sure about poeple who live in Eurpoe)

Fliptocat

Fliptocat said:

I found out about the G.G game earlier, but I didn't know what it was. Well I hope we get this one too! _

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

It does seem to; WiiWare is pretty much dead for 3rd parties there, but they keep on doing DSiWare.

NintendoCoDGamer

NintendoCoDGamer said:

haha, Cho Hero Oga 2 is only 200 points. Good enough.

As long as there's no point change from Japan to US, I'll get it (when it comes out, since number 1 isn't out yet)

Tar

Tar said:

Watch Eventually the time will come when like 20 1st party games they are secretly making comes out and make everyone crap there pants.....maybe that is just me :P

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

Hm...Japan does get a lot of games that are never released in NA or Europe though. This is still pretty unfortunate.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'm still hoping for G.G. series colection+ to come to the west but since cho hero oga 2 isn't on the collection, I'l get it on dsiware.

Kobayashi

Kobayashi said:

No new entries of Virtual Console even in Japan ? NOOOOOOOOO !!
Nintendo, I want my money back. You promisse Virtual Console games all mondays, beacuse this I buyed your Wii. Nintendo, I want my money back.