My Planetarium Gazes Out Into the Expanding WiiWare Library

Posted by Trevor Chan

Hudson's galactic follow-up to its My Aquarium series

Hudson's been releasing some fairly decent and relaxing simulations on the WiiWare service lately. The developer has more than likely extracted all it can from the aquarium route, at least for the time being, however – and an ESRB rating has revealed a new direction that's a lot more cosmic in nature.

My Planetarium is a virtual simulation wherein users can navigate through various parts of space and learn about the myths behind numerous constellations. The following is a section of the ratings summary:

In some of the text describing the mythology of the constellations, there are occasional references to violence; for example, "When the hero Perseus cut off the head of the monster Medusa, the blood which sprang from her neck became Pegasus," "King Cepheus chained Andromeda to a rock on the coast as a sacrifice to the monster," and "Induced into a fit of madness by Hera, Heracles killed his children by tossing them into a fire." One mythological story contains the following phrase: "The enraged king had the god of wine, Dionysus, get Orion drunk."

Stay tuned to Nintendo Life for all information on this title as it's made available, including release dates and pricing.

[via esrb.org]

ArmoredGoomba

ArmoredGoomba said:

Sounds much more interesting than a fish tank (which I did buy) If this is $5 I'll give it a look.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Aww, no laser show set to Pink Floyd? You'd have the burnout market cornered right there.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

I am so getting this. I always love planetariums and star-gazing. I never played the other games, so i don't know if they're more mellow and laid-back, or actually more game-based. either way is fine i guess

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

This could be great.Hope it has some info on Mayan and Egyptian astronomical myths. Looking forward to this one!

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

Man, if this had come out back when I was 8, it would have been a first-day buy for me. I was OBSESSED with the solar system as a kid. Heck, depending on what the full game entails, it might still be worth puttering around in, especially if it keeps track of dates for meteor showers.

Terra

Terra said:

I have a great interest in this sort of stuff so I might consider getting this.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I've always had a deep interest in space... I 2nd that it will be interesting to see how this is handled. If we have a winner, then this will be a insta-buy for me.