Latest Pokemon Titles Top One Million Preorders in Japan

Posted by James Newton

Pokémon goes platinum before launch

Out in Japan next month, Pokémon Black and White are destined to destroy all opponents in a storm of sales, with pre-orders for the titles having already smashed the million mark.

The most impressive part? Stores only started taking pre-orders on July 31st, making the feat a new record for the DS, with the Pokémon Company expecting the total figure to top 1.5m by the time the games are launched in Japan on September 18th.

The titles will be released in North America and Europe in Spring 2011.

[via andriasang.com]

MrWout

MrWout said:

lol did some counting. That's more than the best selling game that was released in that period (lot's more) oh and it's also more than the best selling game this year (up until now)....those japanese and theire pokemons....

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

It seems weird that we westerners get it so much later than Japan. I understand they always get Pokemon games much earlier, but we'll be getting one of the biggest DS games ever AFTER the 3DS comes out. You'd think they would release it sooner just to get it out before the 3DS.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

I think this shows the appreciation the Japanese fans have towards NEW Pokemon compared to us in the West and Europe :P

Of course, I don't fall within those who're complaining about "NO MORE NEW POKEMON OMG"

Me, I say "Why not?" I'm tired of seeing the SAME teams in the competative scene. People seem to ALWAYS have a Gengar or Togekiss in their team. But that's another topic for another day. I want to get White version :)

NGpenguin

NGpenguin said:

i seen this at Seribi.net a day or 2 ago oh well any good Pokemon black and white news is okay for me
i want Pokemon White too but only because it has the black lengendary

thaneds

thaneds said:

ALWAYS Awsome! i preordered black. all nintendo has now are remakes as their business.... look at the ds, dsi, dsi xl, 3DS, and tell me it's not true, lol... im still getting the 3ds though still

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

@4: Last I knew, 3DS played DS games.

@16: Okay, it's not true. Maybe you should look at the 3DS as you told us to. It's not the same DS like the DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL were. It's brand new hardware.

Kurona

Kurona said:

Wow. But somehow, I was expecting this. Like almost every other person out there. :D