Grab a Cheap Wii at Target This Week

Posted by James Newton

$150 for so-called "Legacy" pack

Remember a time when Wii consoles didn't come with Wii Sports Resort and MotionPlus? So does Target, as it's still got enough stock of the old "Legacy" packs to advertise at a new low price of $150.

The chain is also selling Wii Remotes with MotionPlus attachments at $29.99, so even if you've already got a machine it might be worth a quick visit to pick up some extra goodies. That's what Target wants you to think, anyway.

If you're yet to dip your toe in the Wii water for whatever reason, this is as good a time as any.

[via joystiq.com]

piguy101

piguy101 said:

That's a hundred bucks less than what I played for it.
Edit: I made an accidental joke! I hope you can find it.

AlphaNerd01

AlphaNerd01 said:

I still don't have Motion Plus... might be worth the 30 bucks. I wish they were discounting the Wii Sports Resort + Motion Plus attachment pack instead, though. Thanks for the tip guys.

Azurineknuckle

Azurineknuckle said:

whoa I feel like I should've waited, but then again I wouldn't have play the awesome games I already played on wii. I wonder If the wii is going to sell like hotcakes this week.

47drift

47drift said:

I only have two Wii remotes and no motionplus attachments, so this is a good week for me. Is this in all stores? Or will I have to buy online?

EdEN

EdEN said:

Great for those that still don't own a system. This way they can buy a Wii with Wii Sports and New Super Mario Bros Wii to start their collection.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

This is a fair enough price, since the WSR bundle is $50. Just be aware, if you want to pick up WSR at some point, you'll be spending the same amount at the end of the day.

Punny

Punny said:

Great idea, but I already have everything this offer is offering!

A1234

A1234 said:

at Tru (Toys R Us) this week the "Legacy" packs are $199.99 plus you get a free $50 gift card. also, wii accessories (this includes controllers) are 30% off today (Wed) and Thurs only.

Tails

Tails said:

Target. Why my company. :( We aren't hardly selling any of our Wii's. Hopefully that changes soon so i can get them good games with it.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

I think people have to understand that the "Legacy" Wii was sold WITHOUT Wii Sports originally in Japan :P

They had to pay $50 for it back then. Count yourselves lucky.

LightSamus

LightSamus said:

haha in Australia a Wii is about $300 still i think, or at least $250 for sure ... so if this was dropped down to $150 AU, people here would be going nuts :P

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

Picked up another Motion-Plus last night to complete my collection of the different colors. Thanks for the heads-up.