Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Set to Brighten Up November

Posted by James Newton

Launching Stateside on November 29th

There was some concern when Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was absent from Nintendo's 2010 release schedule. Did that mean the Camelot RPG would be delayed until 2011? It turns out, no, it did not, as Nintendo has just confirmed a North American release on November 29th.

You can read our Golden Sun: Dark Dawn First Impressions to find out exactly why this should be high on your DS most wanted list for 2010.

NINTENDO'S GOLDEN SUN: DARK DAWN LAUNCHING ON NOV. 29

August 30, 2010

The dawn of a new entry in the renowned Golden Sun™ video game series has nearly arrived in North America. Nintendo has announced that Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for the top-selling Nintendo DS™ family of portable game systems will launch on Nov. 29.

Offering a planet-sized world of adventure to explore and conquer, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn puts the raw power of the elements in players' hands. Each of the game's playable characters is capable of carrying Djinn, spirits that imbue their owner with unique and powerful abilities. Players can collect more than 70 unique Djinn, granting them the ability to summon mighty deities who unleash devastating attacks that fill both Nintendo DS screens. Djinn powers can also be used to navigate puzzling dungeons and overworld environments that will have players flinging fireballs to burn away obstacles, freezing water to raise platforms, or summoning whirlwinds to create bridges out of floating objects.

Taking place 30 years after the events of Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for the Game Boy™ Advance system, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn introduces a new generation of heroes that are struggling to survive in a radically changed world. What begins as a simple journey to rescue a lost friend turns into a dramatic quest to save the land from catastrophe as players are drawn into a world full of magical energy.

For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Lucky, lucky Americans. There is no emoticon for the envy I am feeling right now.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

This post cannot show the feelings I am having right now as I do not want to destroy this site with my spontaneous explosions of delight and excitement :P

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

i never did get to play the gba games besides first hour of the first game but something about the ds games videos i have seen just doesn't get me as this is a great game

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@lz: so i totally read 'excitement' as 'excrement', and somehow didn't bat an eye at the knowledge that you'd totally crapped your pants at this news >:3

RyuZebian

RyuZebian said:

Ahh... Something to keep my mind of the 3DS, which is much farther away. Sadly.... :( Oh well. I'm having enough to do as it is!

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

It's so close but yet so far away!!! This just made my day! Now to preorder and hope there will be a bonus

fishman100

fishman100 said:

It looks like a good game, but I recently picked up DQ9 and I'm not very thrilled with the whole game so far. I hope this one is stellar.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Dang I thought it was going to come out in September or October. Stupid street date lying that I should have been smarter to avoid. It seems all of these upcoming anticipated releases from Nintendo are all being released in November (except the new ds FF). I guess when they said Kirby's Epic Yarn will be released in Fall, I guess they also meant November 29.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm glad we finally have a release date for this, but I don't have any money right now anyway for it. It's good to know I have some months to find said money. :)

edit: yeah I just found out epic yarn is released in October. It's good they are balanced out somewhat.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

Wow, looks awesome. :O

but I wonder if you need the Old Golden Sun game to get add-on, just like the GBA ones

Noire

Noire said:

OMG IT'S COMING

oh my god oh my god oh my god only a few more short months my love and we can finally be together again, just you and me

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@JumpMad: i hope not... the less it has to do specifically with the prior games, the better. i still haven't beaten them yet D:

er... uh... i mean...
/me hides from Feenie and lz D: D: D:

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Wow, Thanksgiving and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Can it be any better than that? :)

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

This will probably be the last game I buy for my DS before I get my sweaty mitts on a 3DS.I've only played half of the first game but I liked it and this one looks freakin gorgeous.

motang

motang said:

I'm looking forward to this one, man two big RPS on the DS this year, DQ9 and this one! :D

Knux

Knux said:

I have never played the GBA installments, but I am deftinely intrested in buying this! :D

Lotice-Paladin

Lotice-Paladin said:

I somehow don't feel excited for this...

Maybe it's because of the lack of it's original visuals...maybe it's because the animations look weird for the series....maybe because it's 3D?

I think I'll wait this one out until I see the opinions of others first....

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

Thanks James, but I didn't need you to convince me to put this on my list. I've had this preordered since... Let's see here... January 20th. =P