Blackwire Brings Episodic Adventures to DSiWare

Posted by James Newton

Black and white and full of mystery

If you're a gamer who baulks at the mere mention of "episodic", here comes a promising DSiWare project that may convince you to look past that off-putting adjective.

Blackwire is a mix of adventure, puzzle and mystery, set during the 1950s in the midst of the space race and Western fears of the spread of Communism. Promising a gameplay system that causes the player to question his or her decisions with no clearly defined right or wrong answers, this is an ambitious project that will no doubt stand out for its stark black-and-white style with occasional splashes of high-impact colour.

Developer Uacari is proud of its inspirations: TV series 24, action film Vantage Point and Quantic Dream's seminal PS3 game Heavy Rain. If Blackwire can match any of these for quality, it should be a diamond in the DSiWare's crown.

[via pockett.net]

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel said:

I like it already. :) Hope the story is good!

Hopefully they've caught up on the crime/thriller works of the time too.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Nice. We need a game like this on DSiWare, as long as it's not too short.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'm intrigued and sounds like it's right up my alley, but for all the production they're putting into it, I hope it's not too short... I guess that's the advantage of episodes when DSiWare only has so much capacity. Can't wait to hear more.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

This sounds really promising. I love the art style. If it actually ends up being a good game I wouldn't mind the episodic nature of it.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I love adventures so this have my interest. To bad I don't have a DSi, I hope that it can be downloaded once the 3DS is released.

Anotheralex_x

Anotheralex_x said:

@3- That is obviously a car smashing through a gate...

This is what we need on the dsi shop, an original game that's not an iPhone port!