Aya and the Cubes of Light Defies WiiWare Laws of Gravity

Posted by James Newton

What's up?

Gravity's everywhere these days: Super Mario Galaxy 2 made it an artform, but WiiWare developer Object Vision has a few tricks up its sleeve in the upcoming release Aya and the Cubes of Light.

Little is known about the title so far, with the game's official website presenting only a cryptic log-in screen and nothing else, but from the trailer below the game seems to offer a combination of platforming and puzzling set around giant cubes.

With a full set of ratings across North America, Europe and Australasia it may not be too long until we get to handle Aya and the Cubes of Light for ourselves, so check back for more information as it arrives.

[via cubes-of-light.com]

irken004

irken004 said:

Huh, color me interested. Looks like some kind of platformer.

Cube of light? ENERGON?

EDIT: Ohai I was right about being a platformer! Looks WAY too slow though.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Cryptic trailer is cryptic. Show me some gameplay and I might be interested.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Ask and ye shall receive. Gameplay video installed. (Reboot) :)

Elvis444

Elvis444 said:

I can't even watch this: she moves way, way too slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

accc

accc said:

Neat concept but the gameplay looks sllooooooooooowwwwwww

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Is the gameplay in this video in slow motion or is that how fast the main character actually moves?:P Also, Object Vision's logo looks exactly like the GameCube logo.

mecoy

mecoy said:

so it is
super mario galaxy
art style cubello
AND you me and the cubes

erv

erv said:

Moves too slow and sluggish. How many cubed based games can we get? This looks like a glorified unity3d tutorial...:S

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I think the game itself looks pretty good and it seems to have a lot of potential. I just don't like how slowly the main character's movements are.

B-ry

B-ry said:

I hope she moves more quickly in levels with different gravity. Definitely interested in this one

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

This would be way more interesting if it was Aya BREA and the MITOCHONDRIA of Light!

I'm just kidding, though, this looks fairly interesting. Rather ugly character to play as, but eh, I doubt you're paying much attention to her aside from general location anyway.

Nintendophile

Nintendophile said:

Not only does the character move slowly, but it seems awfully "floaty". Her feet barely seem to be touching the ground, and they're sliding on the floor without her hardly moving at all. Perhaps this is just the set-up for a few levels?

GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint said:

That one sound effect is identical to the sound in Mario Galaxy when you get a broken launch star piece.

Popyman

Popyman said:

It looks awesome to me. And some of those cubes looked crazy, it could end up being a really hard game.