Podcast: NLFM Episode 7: User-Generated Content

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Listener contributions, confusing homophones and Team Fortress 2 secrets revealed!

Oh hi, didn't see you come in there. Stay a while, and listen!

Turns out we've got some fine musicians in the audience as we take a look to some listener-created tunes. We've also got a few select choices from The Megas, The World Ends With You, and the song that Akira Yamaoka would like blaring as he leaves this crazy world.

NLFM generally focuses on music from games playable on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, which, thanks to the Virtual Console, also includes the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System, Turbografx-16, Neo Geo and Commodore 64. It's not all games either as we highlight chip musicians and albums we really like.

Here's what's in store for your ears this time:

1. Takeharu Ishimoto - Noisy Noise (The World Ends With You)
2. Anthony Seeha - NEON
3. Edhe - Let's Get Ready to Wrestle
4. Ian Uniacke - Street
5. The Megas - The Annihilation of Monsteropolis/Airman (Get Equipped)
6. Decktonic - Bassfisher
7. Shiryu - The Twin Dragons (Shiryu's Arcade Vol. 1)
8. The Outer Rim - N.M.H. The Outer Rim Remix (The Outer Rim)
9. Ennio Morricone - Ecstasy of Gold (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly OST)

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

To avoid the gnashing of teeth that comes with missing episodes, subscribe to our Podcast feed (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link. You can also find us on iTunes (don't forget to rate us!), so show the podcasts some love as there is plenty more good stuff lined up for the future.

Also be sure to send in your contributions, requests and what have you to help make NLFM way more rad.

edhe

edhe said:

ARGH! I still can't find it on the iTunes store.

I can still download it, but it means it doesn't go into the same "Album" as the others.

Edit: Right! I'm not bothering with its iTunes subscription any more. It's probably going to be easier if I download direct from now on.

metakirbyknight

metakirbyknight said:

Fix iTunes!
Being on the store keeps my stuff in sync, and trust me I need it.

So, I tried subscribing to the feed on iTunes, and the feed is broken too. I want my podcasts in the Podcasts section.

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

Great Podcast. Are you still accepting user generated music? I will have the means to upload my music soon, and would love to contribute to this podcast.

edhe

edhe said:

I liked the Double Dragon [NES, Wahlgren] medley.

Brought back memories...

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

@edhe: The track list Shiryu sent in said it was Game Boy, but I'd imagine they're very similar anyway.

@Radixxs: Sure am! You can use the link at the bottom of the post to send stuff in.

Machu

Machu said:

Thank uuuu!

Please don't ever stop with these podcasts, mmkay!!!

edhe

edhe said:

I didn't know there was a GB version...

I'd love to find a copy - assuming it was released in Europe.

Ravage

Ravage said:

I didnèt hear anything to do with Team Fortress 2...
I really liked that last two songs though.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

While I like to like to listen to the episode, the "Direct Download" button isn't working. Any help?

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

@Prosody Actually, the first link worked fine. The problem was that I had Quicktime installed on my computer, which for some reason opened up some sort of player and played the podcast on that instead of asking me if I wanted to save it. Either way, thanks! :)