Nnooo Releases New myDiary Video

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the app in action

Our good friend Nic Watt from Nnooo has just sent over the latest video showcasing their newest DSiWare application myDiary in action.

You can check out some of the many features the app has to offer, along with a brief explanation of them in the video below. We'll keep you posted on any new information regarding myDiary and its upcoming release and we'll have a full review of it shortly after its release on the service.

Information about myDiary:

• The next application in Nnooo's successful myLifeCollected range
  • Diary application with 400 notes (1 note per day)
  • Alarm functionality allowing users to set one alarm per day to remind them of important events
  • Lines, Squared and Blank page types
  • 3 pencil sizes
  • 12 unlockable themes and 12 unlockable ink colours to customise myDiary with

[via youtube.com]

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Mm... might encourage people to keep a diary, but I kinda echo what the people above said. You can use myNotebook as a diary. Or a pen and some paper. This one's no good to me. I keep a diary already, so I'll be keeping mine pen-and-paper.

About the pen-and-paper comment: I have a copy of myNotebook, I'm such a hypocrite <3

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Sorry Nnooo, but this may be the first app from you guys that I skip. Nintendo restrictions/limitations looks to botch some of the app's potential convenience as well.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I have to say, it looked like a pretty cool application from what I saw when Nic showed it to me at E3. I do wish Nintendo would loosen the limits on the wi-fi a bit, but that's likely not going to happen, at least not any time soon.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

@Corbie
I think all of nnooo's apps are cool in theory and it's actually kinda funny that no one else does mylifecollected type stuff for dsi. I own all of them so far and even two mynotebooks. I plan on getting the 128 page mynotebook as well. I'm kinda nervous for nnooo because I think that in the near future people may stop caring for the mylifecollected series when they start to realize their limitations. In short, the dsi isn't as unified of a platform as iphone. This fact hurts potential apps.

Kenji510

Kenji510 said:

I like the alarm sound.. i can use that to wake up in the morning to go to work hahaha!

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

This looks very interesting but it feels like they took most of the modern, and simple. And put in technology. Like the lock, and the alarm. And with the new my note book, with the battery and the time.

Nintendokid

Nintendokid said:

Wow it look's like the Nintendo DSi is going to have a summer red colour.It also has a glossy finish like the DSi XL.Now my other thought's are that lime DSi is going to follow up this year or next year.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

Oh wow can't wait for this one ;)

Question: Does the alarm sound only if the game/app is open and the dsi is on or can u set it to sound anytime?

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Oh, wow, I'm actually impressed! You're making progress there, Nnooo. But not where it comes to spelling my name.:P

EDIT: Stuugamer1 is dead! Long live Stuffgamer1!:D

Nnooo

Nnooo said:

The alarms go off anytime you are running the app including when it is asleep. So if you want to wake yourself up just set an alarm and close the DSi :)

If you miss any alarms myDiary will let you know next time you start it.

Also each alarm can have a note assigned to it so you can set reminders for particular things!

G-MaxiMillion

G-MaxiMillion said:

Writing in diary: "Bought atleast 200 points for myDiary, now I only need to wait and then get rid of this one".

piguy101

piguy101 said:

I still confused why people buy any of this: I use flipnote studio or REAL pen and paper. Try to convince me that this or MyNotebook is worth getting.

lOnE-WolF

lOnE-WolF said:

So...it has an alarm and calender opposed to the new myNotebook coming out...?

The video makes it seem just like a retooling of the retooled myNotebook...

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@TBD: Oh, come on...it was just a joke. Had to point it out SOME way, 'cause I'm like that. Better to kid than get angry, methinks.

Ryon

Ryon said:

problem with this is .. you gotta turn on your DS to look into your "notebook" to see what you noted down.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

They're shooting for 200, but it's not been finalized by Nintendo.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

I am excited about this app and all future mylifecollected apps. I use myNotebook many times throughout the month, and myPostcards is a nice addition, too. Can't wait for myDiary. When is it coming out? Any general idea? Thanks, Nnooo!

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@piguy101: That's not news. Prices are ultimately determined by Nintendo, and reportedly based in part on the file size of the games. That's why TellTale games cost more on WiiWare than they do on PC and PS3.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Developers can only suggest a price point, but ultimately the decision resides with Nintendo. And the application is aimed at a September 2010 release.

topnick12

topnick12 said:

I hope its 200 points. I won't download this app for 500 points :/
It's pretty nifty though.