Nintendo to Show Off Other M and Dragon Quest IX at San Diego Comic-Con

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Get a free treasure map!

Of all the conventions, one stands staunchly above the others in nerd notoriety: Comic-Con International in San Diego, California (July 22 to July 25 at the San Diego Convention Centre). Nintendo's announced that it's to have a featured exhibit for the first time since 2006, complete with tantalizing playables and super cool dragon swag.

Attendees will get access to a special downloadable treasure map for Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies called Mortamor, available for the first time in North America. If you plan on going, make sure that you've made it to the Quester's Rest Inn in the town of Stornway, at which point you will have access to tag mode. This will be available for the duration of the event. If you're not able to make it, not to worry; this is most likely the map that you can get at a special event on July 31 at participating GameStop stores.

The Big N will also treat fans to a playable Metroid: Other M more than a month prior to its North American release date.

If you're in the area, what are you waiting for? Get your tickets now and head down to the Nintendo exhibit, booth #2944.

Related Games

Zach

Zach said:

Not that Nintendo Life supports this sort of thing, but there's always scalpers.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I've never had any interest to attend Comic Con. Maybe it's my complete disinterest in comic books, who knows. :D

Zach

Zach said:

@Corbie Me neither! I hate crowds! And I don't care for comic books! A few graphic novels a year will do! he exclaimed.

Zach

Zach said:

Schwag means free promotional stuff you can pick up at events.

Zach

Zach said:

The words are interchangeable, but you make a good point, swag is more commonly used, so I switched it. Plus, it doesn't have some of the alterate meanings that schwag does. Thanks!

Yanagi

Yanagi said:

I wish I could go to ComiCon. Hell, I wish I had the money for Dragon Quest IX.

WhiteDragon9928

WhiteDragon9928 said:

does anyone know how well dragon quest 9 is selling? i know it didnt sell nearly as well on the first day here as day 1 in japan, but i was told it wasnt hurting either.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Well, I'm not going to Comic-Con, so I think I'll stick with Gamestop's DQIX event for all my free map needs. As for Other M? I'll play it when it's released. I'm in no rush. :)

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

Comic-Con would be interesting. I have interest in a few comics, but I am by no means, some die hard fan. I am going to Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando, FL (just an hour away!) in August, and I am kinda nervous because it is my first convention, period. Sucks I won't be playing M: OM there :P Luckily, just a few weeks after I will have my hands on my very own copy!

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

I'll be there, so yes I'll be scoping out the games stuff at the various booths ;)