Look Out, There's a New Pearl Harbor Video on Your Six

Posted by James Newton

Do a barrel roll, of course

It's already available in North America and Europe of course, but those of you who want to see just one more video of Pearl Harbor Trilogy - 1941: Red Sun Rising before taking the download plunge are in luck today.

Check out the video below and be sure to read our Pearl Harbor Trilogy - 1941: Red Sun Rising review to find out if this downloadable slice of digital dogfighting is an aerial ace or a falling leaf.

YoshiSage

YoshiSage said:

I'm not crazy about very realistic games, but maybe I'll give this one a shot...

Junkface

Junkface said:

Really great game especially for a mere 700 points. I was wondering how this game compares with the retail wii games of the same genre? One person told me this game is better than any of the retail flight shooters. Any info. from someone who has played the retail games would be great thanks.

47drift

47drift said:

This looks fun! I love the art style and music.

That controller in the video DID NOT look like a Classic Controller, though.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

this game is actually pretty good.
i`ve only played a few missions so far, and it is a little bit easy though. but i`m hoping that the later missions should be a bit harder.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Funny how some of the shots aren't even possible in the game. I have to say that I absolutely love the intro of the trailer. That graphics style looks absolutely amazing. Why didn't they use those graphics for the game?

CoffeeWithGames

CoffeeWithGames said:

The title on this should really be changed, "Do a barrel roll, of course".
You can't do barrel rolls in the game, but the game is a lot of fun; at least from what I have played of it.

CoffeeWithGames

CoffeeWithGames said:

@Chicken Brutus!!!

Excellent spot! I actually just finished playing a few missions, and was about to ask if this footage was from the PC version, due to some camera angles I couldn't get in the Wii version(not that it mattered, but I did notice).
The camera angle was at about 1:26 in the video.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

I don't think that's the first time one of their trailers had a mouse cursor on it. lol

Also good game, get it and hope for a sequel.

burnedmatch

burnedmatch said:

love this game! AI is a beast. I don't think it needs a barrel roll. does need online multi-player though. I want to be in a huge online battle with like 50 other people around the world so I can dominate:) Only trouble I really have playing game is judging my distance from water I see my shadow but always seem to hit the water anyway. wish I could skim it that would be awesome.

Ren

Ren said:

this looks way better than I had thought it would be. I think I'm going to get it. For that price it's kind of silly not to.

eripmav

eripmav said:

Cheers Ren. If you're in doubt, check out the forum thread. I'm sure it'll help you make your decision.