Level 5 Draws Ni No Kuni to North America

Posted by James Newton

Inazuma Eleven on the way, too

A combination of Professor Layton-developers Level-5 and Japanese animation powerhouse Studio Ghibli sounds like a winning mix, and Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madōshi (or "Second Land: The Jet-Black Mage") is certainly shaping up to be another strong addition to the DS's stable of RPGs.

Level-5 President Akihiro Hino has some good news for Western gamers hoping for a slice of Ghibli goodness: the company is intending to publish the game outside of Japan, as well as football (or 'soccer' if you will) RPG Inazuma Eleven on the way as well.

Not sure why you should be interested in Ni no Kuni? Perhaps this trailer might explain.

[via joystiq.com]

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Wow, this is just an incredible day for news! First the unveiling of The Last Story trailer and now this! I don't think my brain can take much more awesomeness!:D

Winslow

Winslow said:

I've been waiting for this game for years....it's comforting to know that it's coming out this in America.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

I always wanted Inazuma 11--such a cool take on soccer. If only anyone played/cared about soccer.... :)

TwilightV

TwilightV said:

I was hoping this would get localised! Last I heard of it, it was still going by the name "The Another World". Thank you Level 5! :)

SullKid

SullKid said:

So does it come with an actual book or what? That's what I read the other day on GT. At least that's what I understood.

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

So, since Studio Ghibli is involved, will the score be composed by Joe Hisaishi? That man makes musical potential into pure, unadulterated sex. <3 <3 <3

EdEN

EdEN said:

@Skullkid: In Japan you can get the regular version for about $45 OR you can go for the special edition that comes with the book for about $75.

I would easily get this on DS (specially if the 3DS can do 3D for the DS library as well. Studio Ghibli animation and Level 5 designed game in 3D? Yes! I might get the PS3 version as well if it's really as different as it's trailer has shown (no anime cutscenes since they're presented using the in-game engine).

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Oh, its that game.:| Yet another disappointment. And this looks even worse than the PS3 version.:(